Fort Worth Personal Injury Lawyers
When you suffer an injury, it is perfectly normal to have questions and concerns about how to proceed with a personal injury claim. If you have suffered any type of injury, you may qualify for personal injury compensation. This type of compensation is for people who have been hurt because of another party. When you’re searching for a personal injury lawyer in Fort Worth to handle your case, you want it to be the right fit. The injury lawyers at Zinda Law Group are happy to answer any questions you may have and walk you through the options in person or over the phone. We’re here to help you get through this challenging process so you can move on with your life.
What is a Personal Injury?
A personal injury is damage to a person that was caused by a negligent act of another person or organization. Any one person, company, or entity can be held liable for this kind of wrong. The qualifying factor that can get you compensation for your pain is negligence. If someone was negligent and it caused the accident to occur, then your standings in court will be positive.
What is the Legal Definition of Negligence?
Personal injury law suits often hinge on your lawyer being able to prove negligence. But what is negligence? The basic idea under this law is to make it clear that every person should exercise reasonable care in the performance of any act or duty in order to prevent damages or harm to another person. This area of tort law refers to a person being careless and it does not include those who have intentionally caused harm. A good example of negligence would be an accident caused by a driver who is talking on the phone. The driver knew full well that talking on the phone while driving could be dangerous. Their decision to drive and talk anyway may constitute negligence unless there were other mitigating factors.
Types of Personal Injury Claims in Fort Worth
The personal injury lawyers at Zinda Law Group can cover a wide variety of cases in Fort Worth that qualify for compensation. We specialize in the following types of cases:
- Animal Attacks and Dog bites: pet owners are responsible for the actions of their pets. Dogs are supposed to be trained, leashed, and controlled. If a pet gets loose and bites you, one of our attorneys can bring the owner to court for personal injury.
- Boating Injury - Thanks to the continuing advances in technology, boating has become a relatively safe and enjoyable pastime for millions. But accidents can and do occur, mostly as a result of carelessness or disregard for basic concepts of safety or manufacturers' instructions. Although you might think nothing of it at the time, seemingly minor changes can alter lives if an accident results
- Brain Injury -Cases that concern traumatic brain injury are different though. In cases like this where one or more victims has received a life changing injury, the lawyers, courts and judges must determine additional items like long-term medical and financial needs.
- Burn Injury- Being the victim of a burn injury can be a very difficult experience to deal with, especially if the injury was caused as a result of another person's negligence. In these situations, you may easily find yourself feeling worried not only about the injuries you sustained as a result of the accident, but about the subsequent medical bills that you are sure to acquire as well, if you have not already done so.
- Child Injuries- Texas Children’s Hospital has reported that negligent injuries kill or disable more children over the age of one each year than all known childhood diseases combined. According to the WHO, more than 2,000 children die every day from injuries that could have been prevented. If you lost a child due to someone else's negligence you have a claim.
- Medical malpractice: Misdiagnosis and improper treatment by a healthcare professional could mean you have a case if it lead to an injury or the death of a loved one.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Drivers are responsible for their own safety as well the safety of others on the road. Therefore, if you were hurt because a driver failed to pay attention to a road sign, you may qualify to receive a settlement and a personal injury attorney can help you pursue that settlement whether you were involved in a car accident or truck accident.
- Nursing Home Abuse -The most common injuries experienced in nursing home are bone fractures and bleeding into the brain (hemorrhage). These can happen from simple slips, falls from bed, directed attacks, abuse or neglect. Unfortunately, abuse and neglect often goes unreported with only one in every fourteen incidences reported to authorities.
- Premises Slip and Fall Injuries: If you have slipped and fallen due to a missing sign in a retail location, you might be entitled to a settlement. Business establishments have to ensure that their customers are safe at all times.
- Product Liability: Product liability is the legal responsibility that retailers, suppliers, distributors, wholesalers and manufacturers have to users or buyers of substandard products and the indemnity and harm this merchandise causes. This includes faulty parts for cars, inappropriate warnings on labels and the pollution of any food product. A person is able to receive some type of payment for damages when this happens due to breach of guaranty, absolute responsibility or negligence. The person who receives the damage is entitled to take legal action against the manufacturer or the seller.
- Spinal Cord Injury: A spinal cord injury can change your life completely. This type of diagnosis can mean years of treatments and therapy. Sometimes victims cannot return to the life they once knew. You have the right to a claim if another's negligence lead to a spinal cord injury.
- Wrongful Death Cases:A wrongful death claim will serve to hold the person or corporation accountable for the loss of your loved one and also serve to compensate your family for their loss.
4 Mistakes that will Ruin Your Personal Injury Claim
1.) Failure to Seek Medical Treatment
If you are injured, you should seek medical treatment immediately. Do not wait until you speak with an attorney before seeking medical treatment. Insurance agents, judges and juries become particularly suspicious when injured parties only seek treatment AFTER they have spoken with an attorney because it can look like you may have fabricated some or all of your injuries.
2.) Not Following Doctor’s Orders
Be sure to follow your doctor’s orders, or if you disagree with them, seek another qualified opinion. This doesn’t mean doctor-shopping, but seeking a second opinion can be warranted. Once a plan of treatment has been decided upon, follow your doctor’s orders. Failure to do this can make it appear that your injuries are minor or even non-existent and this can adversely impact your claim.
3.) Using Social Media
They say you should never put anything into writing that you wouldn’t want to see published on the front pages of the New York Times, and this is particularly true if you become injured. It is especially true if you use Facebook, Snap Chat, Twitter, Instagram and other social media outlets. Posting on social media can jeopardize your personal injury claim. Posting photos of you doing physical activities when you are making a claim for a back injury will definitely have an adverse effect on your claim.
4.) Not Seeking Qualified Legal Advice
Finally, do not try to handle this yourself - seek the advice of a qualified attorney experienced in handling personal injury claims. Seeking legal advice early in your claim can help you to maneuver the legal hurdles, avoid pitfalls and achieve a better outcome. Early advice and planning can often achieve much better results.