Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers in Albuquerque
If you have recently been the victim of an accident in Austin, TX, you may be dealing with many additional issues besides the injuries you have received. For example, you may be faced with coming up answers to a great many hard questions. These questions may include such examples as:
- Where will I find the money to pay my hospital bills?
- When will I be able to come back to my job?
- How will I be compensated for the wages I've lost during my recovery?
- What will be done to punish the person or persons who caused my injuries?
If you find yourself in such a position, "picking up the pieces" after a major injury, your first step should be to seek out the legal representation of a professional in such matters. A spinal cord injury lawyer should be your first choice.
When you have the advice and counsel of a spinal cord injury lawyer on your side, your chances of winning a satisfactory judgment in your case will increase at an exponential rate. A spinal cord injury lawyer will represent you in your case, and will file all of the necessary claims and evidence that a judge will need to see in order to settle your case and render a favorable judgment on your part.
There are a number of steps which you must take in order to file a spinal cord injury claim. To begin with, you will need to have full documentation of your injury. This includes all available medical and insurance records of your injury, plus any other records that your attorney deems useful for presentation in your case.
You will also need to have full documentation of all economic damages which you have suffered as a result of your injury. Such damages include:
- The bills you have racked up as a result of your treatment in hospital.
- Expenses from surgery, physical therapy, medication, etc.
- The predicted amount of wages you will lose from missing days at your work place.
- Other losses which you expect to incur in the future as a direct result of your injury.
There are other types of losses other than economic which a spinal cord injury lawyer can address in court on your behalf. These losses are those which are connected with the emotional and physical stress that you are left with after a severe injury. Such types of losses could include:
- Emotional and psychological stress.
- Non-physical suffering, such as anxiety, depression, or stress.
- Inability to recover emotionally from these purely psychical wounds.
- More tangible aftereffects of the injury, such as scarring or disfigurement.
A spinal cord injury lawyer will not only address the purely physical damages you have received in your injury, but also take account of the emotional and psychological damage you may have received. Spinal cord injury lawyers, such as the firm of Zinda Law Group, are an excellent legal resource in Austin, Texas.