Building Collapse Accident Lawyers in Austin

1308 Reviews

Construction sites are known to be hazardous and under certain circumstances, even deadly. When a building collapses on a construction site, the damage can be widespread resulting in catastrophic injuries and fatalities. Not only can constructions workers suffer injury, but innocent bystanders are often involved and hurt too. As a structure collapses, dust and debris may fall, workers nearby can tumble from ladders and scaffolding, and neighboring buildings may be damaged. Construction errors leading to a structural collapse often include:

  • Faulty construction
  • Poor design / planning
  • Excessive loads
  • Foundation failure
  • Defective construction materials

But Who Is Responsible?

For the 18-year period beginning in 1990, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) determined that 80% of all construction building collapses were directly related to construction errors. The remaining 20% of all collapses could be attributed to structural design flaws.

Construction workers have the right to be safe when working on a job site, and depending on the circumstances of the building collapse, there may be a lot of different parties that can be held responsible for the event. Since most building collapse can be directly related to human error, the parties responsible may include:

  • The owner of the building or structure
  • The construction firm(s)
  • The project or construction manager
  • Other contractors and subcontractors
  • Site engineers
  • Tool and equipment manufacturers
  • Architects or building designers
  • Site designers
  • Coworkers

Call Zinda Law Group

The experienced attorneys at Zinda Law Group can recover your medical costs, lost wages and get you compensation for your pain and suffering. If you or a loved one has been injured in a building collapse, workers’ compensation may be available to pay for the immediate treatment. Unfortunately, workers’ compensation rarely provides enough money to cover long-term treatment, home health care workers, intensive rehabilitation and physical therapy, lost wages or compensation for the injuries that you sustained during the accident. In fact, workers’ compensation benefits will rarely cover all of your lost earnings and you can expect to receive only 60-75% of gross wages, often excluding overtime. And while workers’ compensation may be available to you if you were injured on the job, there may be other parties that are responsible for the collapse and your subsequent injuries. If that is the case, you can, and should, seek additional compensation from these responsible parties.

Due to the complex nature of a building structure, when a building collapses, it often requires the expertise of engineers and design experts to determine the cause of the collapse. The law firm of Zinda Law Group will work with the engineers and design experts to uncover the cause of the collapse, and to determine who is responsible. Call (800) 863-5312 to speak with a Personal Injury attorney today. The call and the consultation are free. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.