Nail Gun Accident Lawyers in Austin
Research indicates that there are approximately 35,000 nail gun accidents in the U.S. every year that require an emergency room visit. Out of those, nearly 1500 require a hospital stay. With a significant increase of nail gun sales in the last few years, there has been a substantial rise in lawsuits involving nail gun accidents in Austin.
Filing a Suit
There are a significant number of reasons that individual suffering injuries from a nail gun file a lawsuit. These include:
- A Missing Full Sequential Trigger – Some nail guns that cause accidents have a missing full sequential triggering mechanism that reduces the potential of an unintentional double fire or discharge, when the finger does not release the trigger after an initial shot.
- Inadequate Training – Many times, contractors, supervisors and foreman fail in their efforts to provide adequate training to the workforce, especially inexperienced or young workers. The training should include how to use the trigger, adjust the air compressor, positioning, following manufacturer guides and instructions, causes of injury and using nail guns on ladders, along with jamming and recoil issues.
- Improper Safety Equipment – Often there is liability with the contractor when they fail to provide proper safety gear, including hardhats, safety shoes, earmuffs and high-impact goggles or eyeglasses.
- Product Liability – Austin attorneys representing nail gun accident victims often file a products liability claim against the manufacturer or distributor. This is often the result of a defective manufacture, defective design, or failure to detail adequate warnings.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
Nail gun accidents in Austin often result in significant injuries, and at times, death. These injuries often include:
- Hearing loss
- Embedded nails in the body
- Finger dislocation
- Eye injuries
- Nerve damage
- Tendinitis, strains, sprains and musculoskeletal injuries
- Loss of use of appendages
- Fractured or broken bones
- Skull or brain injuries
Based on the unique circumstances surrounding an injury caused by a nail gun, the victim often has numerous options concerning their financial compensation. If the accident happened while the victim was at their job, they are likely entitled to file a workers’ compensation claim. However, not all employers cover their employees with this insurance.
In the event that the accident was due to negligence of a foreman, supervisor, manager or employer, a lawsuit can be filed for financial compensation. If an adequate safety measures were in place at the work site, or the safety of the employee was compromised, the victim can file for financial compensation. In the event that there was a defect in the nail gun design or manufacture, the manufacturer can be held legally responsible. The compensation can recoup money spent on medical expenses, financial bills, lost wages along with pain and suffering.
Hiring an Attorney
Lawsuits concerning nail accidents in Austin can be complex. Because of that, it is imperative to hire an attorney with a comprehensive understanding of the construction industry and Texas law. A seasoned lawyer is experienced in defective products, negligence law, workers’ compensation and work injuries.
Most experienced personal injury attorneys take cases on a contingency fee basis. This means they will only be paid when they secure financial compensation for their client through a settlement or award at trial.