Forklift Accident Lawyers in Austin
Forklifts, also known as powered industrial trucks, are used in a number of work settings to move materials. Forklifts are dangerous pieces of equipment and serious injuries or death can result from them. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 20,000 workers are injured every year in forklift accidents and at least 100 workers are killed (42% of the fatalities are caused by rollovers).
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) offers the following precautions if you operate or work near forklifts.
- Do not operate a forklift unless you have been trained and licensed in proper usage
- Use seat belts whenever available
- Report any damage or problems that occur to a forklift during your shift so they can be addressed before the next worker drives the forklift
- Do not jump from an overturning, sit-down style of forklift. Stay with the truck and hold on firmly trying to lean in the opposite direction of the overturn
- Exit from a stand-up type forklift with rear-entry access by stepping backward if a lateral tip over should occur
- Use extreme caution on grades or ramps
- On grades, tilt the load back and elevate the fork only as far as needed to clear the surface of the road
- Do not raise or lower the forks when moving
- Do not handle loads that are heavier than the weight capacity listed on the forklift
- Operate only at a speed that will permit the forklift to stopped safely
- Slow down and sound the horn at cross aisles and locations where vision is obstructed
- Always look toward the travel path and keep a clear view of it
- Do not allow passengers to ride on forklift trucks unless a seat is provided
- When dismounting from a forklift, set the parking brake, lower the forks or lifting carriage, and neutralize all controls
- Do not drive up to anyone standing in front of a bench or other fixed object
- Never use a forklift to elevate workers who are standing on the forks
- Elevate a worker on a platform only when the vehicle is directly below the work area
- Whenever a truck is used to elevate personnel, be sure to secure the elevating platform to the lifting carriage or forks of the forklift
- Use a restraining device such as rails, chains, or a body belt with a lanyard or deceleration device for worker(s) on the platform
- Never drive to another location with the work platform elevated
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA, JOE CAPUTO, BURGESS WILLIAMS, NEIL SOLOMON, & JASON ALDRIDGE
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
Have You Been Injured in a Forklift Accident?
Forklift accidents often result in catastrophic injuries including crushed chest injuries, internal injuries, loss of sight or limbs, full and partial paralysis, head and neck trauma, and permanent disability or disfigurement. The attorneys at Zinda Law Group have years of experience representing the injured in a wide range of construction injury cases including forklift accidents. We have successfully filed claims and obtained compensation for our clients including:
- Hospital and medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits
- Hospital and rehabilitation expenses
- Long-term treatment expenses
- Home health care assistance
- Permanent disability and disfigurement
- Loss of sight or limbs
- Reimbursement for medical devices
Our Personal Injury attorneys are here to help you, so call today. (800) 863-5312. The call is free and our consultation is free too. Unless we recover for you, there is no fee, so why not call today?