How to Find the Best Lawyer for Car Accident?
Auto accidents can cause serious injuries. In addition to incurring physical injuries, people often have to deal with psychological trauma such as fear of driving, depression over being injured and guilt over having been involved in an accident. In addition, accidents cause financial stress because medical care and car repairs are both so expensive.
Hopefully, insurance will cover some of these costs. If it doesn't, however, you may want to pursue compensation for your injuries. Learn how to find the best car accident attorney in Austin, TX with this guide.
Talk to Accident Attorneys
Not only do you need a Personal Injury attorney in Austin who specializes in personal injury cases, but you need one who works primarily with car accident victims. The reason is that car accidents are a unique type of personal injury; you need an attorney who knows all about them. Your car accident attorney should be able to:
- Help you determine if alcohol was a factor in the accident and help you get compensation if it was.
- Put a dollar amount on your pain and suffering even if it didn't leave physical scars.
- Help you track down an uninsured driver or a driver who left the scene of the accident.
- Get you compensation for medical expenses related to the accident.
In addition, your car accident attorney should be able to evaluate your unique case and advise you as to the best way to proceed.
Talk to Your Attorney about His or Her Experience
The best way to determine if an attorney is right for the job is to talk to him or her. Don't be afraid to ask tough questions to ensure you're choosing the right attorney. Ask questions like:
- How many auto accident cases do you take a year?
- What percentage of your cases do you win?
- What have you learned from cases that you've lost?
- What factors do you weigh when deciding whether or not to take a case?
- How often do you settle out of court?
- How many of your cases do you handle personally?
Gauge the attorney's honesty, openness and comfort level with these questions as well as paying attention to the actual answers.