Lifting Accident Lawyers in Austin
Lifting injuries are the most commonly reported injuries in the work environment. This is particularly true of construction sites, but it is also true of any type of work that requires manual lifting such as factory or retail work. Injuries can be avoided when employers provide proper safety and lifting training and provide lifting aids such as back braces to their employees. Sometimes though, even the most careful employee, training and lifting aids are not enough to avoid injury from lifting heavy items.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
Common Lifting Injuries
There are a number of injuries that can result from lifting heavy items at work. These injuries include:
- Back sprain and strain – back injuries can result from lifting heavy items, twisting when lifting, or lifting with the back instead of the legs. These types of injuries can be very painful and are often disabling. Symptoms include dull ache, severe/sharp pain, radiating or crushing pain, inability to bend or twist, and pain radiating down into the legs and feet. Bulging and herniated disks often result in lifting injuries. There are a number of treatments for back injuries including immobilizing the area, ice, pain medications and surgery.
- Neck injuries – injuries to the neck can affect other areas of the body, particularly the arms, arm strength and the ability to grip and/or use the hands. Pain from neck injuries parallel back injuries including radiating pain, severe/sharp pain, crushing feeling in back, arms or hands and inability to grip or fully use the hand.
- Hernia – caused from straining under heavy loads, these injuries occur when an organ, or the tissue that holds the organ, protrudes through the wall of the cavity that normally contains it, such as the abdomen. Pain and swelling are usually present and movement can be affected. The pressure on the interior walls of the abdomen can result in extreme pain and surgery is often necessary to repair the area of herniation.
- Shoulder and arm injuries – strains, tears and tendonitis can result when the shoulders or arms are injured in a lifting injury. Pain, swelling, inflammation or restricted movement can indicate the presence of a muscle strain or tear. Passive treatments such as ice or immobilizing the area are common treatments. In the case of a tear, surgery is usually needed.
- Crush Injuries – heavy items that are dropped on the foot, ankle or leg can cause severe crush injuries. Crush injuries can cause damage to soft tissue, nerves, blood vessels and bones. Accordingly, these can be very painful injuries that often result in lifelong disabilities and chronic pain.
Filing a Compensation Claim
If you or a loved one has suffered a lifting injury at work you may be entitled to file a workers’ compensation claim. In addition, if you have suffered any permanent or debilitating injuries, you may be entitled to additional compensation. The attorneys at Zinda Law Group can help you recover your lost wages, get your medical bills paid, and get you the compensation that you deserve. Call today to speak with an experienced Austin Personal Injury attorney. There is no cost to you and we don’t get paid unless you do. So call today at (800) 863-5312. The call is free and the consultation is free too.