What to do After a Motorcycle Accident
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents can happen in an instant, and the confusion and stress that follow can leave you with a lot of questions. What should you do now? Who should you call? Who is going to pay your medical bills? Or fix your motorcycle? Should you talk to an attorney? How can you best protect your legal rights?
Those are a lot of questions! Fortunately, the hard working attorneys at Zinda Law Group can answer all of these questions and more. While we hope that you are never involved in a motorcycle accident, there are things that you can do to protect your legal rights.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA, JOE CAPUTO, BURGESS WILLIAMS, NEIL SOLOMON, & JASON ALDRIDGE
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
What to Do If You Are Involved In a Motorcycle Accident
- Assess the situation. After the accident, take a deep breath and assess the situation. Determine if you or others need medical attention.
- Call 911. They can send police and medical help to the scene.
- Take pictures. If you can safely take pictures before anything is moved from the scene, then do so. Pictures can show where all of the involved vehicles were and what shape they were in. If you do not have access to a phone or camera, make a diagram as soon as practical.
- Clear the road, whenever possible. Clear the roadway but only when you can do that safely. The pictures that you took can help to prove where the vehicles were and will later support your case.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with other drivers. Make sure to exchange license, vehicle and contact information, especially if the police are not called or have not yet arrived on the scene. Photo ID is preferable, such as a driver’s license or state issued identification.
- Identify witnesses whenever possible. Be sure to identify any witnesses whenever possible and get their name and contact information.
- Write everything down! Unless you are certain that it was your fault, write everything down. Listen carefully to what the other drivers or witnesses say and write it down.
- Never admit guilt. Even when you are at fault, you should never, ever, admit to it – your insurance company may try to use your statements against you and deny your claim.
- File an accident report. Give your statement to the police, or file a police report as soon as practical when the police are not called to the scene.
- Notify your insurer. Most insurers have strict reporting requirements, so report the accident as soon as practical. Never give a recorded statement or detailed description to them – save that for your attorney; the insurance company could use your statement against you.
- Contact an attorney. If you have followed all of the above advice, then you have done everything you can to protect yourself and your legal rights. The next step is to contact an experienced attorney. You will often fare much better and get more money on your claim when you hire an attorney to represent you.
Contact Zinda Law Group Today
If you have suffered from a serious motorcycle accident or injury, the attorneys at Zinda Law Group can get you the compensation that you deserve. We will work hard to get you the best settlement possible – that is our promise. Call (800) 863-5312 to speak with an attorney today.