Accidental Shooting Injury Lawyers in Austin
Call (800) 863-5312 to Speak with AUSTIN ACCIDENTAL SHOOTING INJURY lawyers for Free
Accidental shooting injuries are much more common than one might think. There are various instances of accidental shooting that lead to severe injury and death in the United States each year. Many of these accidental shootings occur at home, but some happen elsewhere.
If you’ve been the victim of a shooting accident, you will likely be dealing with not only serious injuries, but also medical bills, time missed from work, pain and suffering, and much more. You may be entitled to receive compensation for all these damages.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accidental shooting, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 for a 100% free case evaluation with our Austin accidental shooting injury lawyers.
Common Causes of Accidental Shootings
In recent years, the amount of gun-related injuries has seen a dramatic increase. Understanding the proper ways to deal with a situation involving a fire-arm is imperative.
Generally, gun owners should keep their weapons safe and secure at all times. This is the safest way to prevent anyone else from taking the guns and mishandling them. It is also important that gun owners and users treat their firearms with the utmost care and understand the impact accidents can have on those around them.
But sometimes, accidents do happen. Some of the most common causes of accidental shootings include:
- Gun user negligence or recklessness
- Improper storage of guns
- Defective firearm design
- Product failure
- Shooting into the air
- Alcohol-related gun shootings
- Drug-related gun shootings
What to Do If You’ve Been Injured
If you or someone else has been injured in an accidental shooting, there are several important steps you should take:
- Call 911 and get the injured person to a hospital as soon as possible.
- Once the emergency is over, document how the accident happened. For this documentation, it is important to note when the accident happened, the location of the accident, what the parties of the accident were doing that caused the accident, what you saw and heard before and after the shooting itself, and if anyone else witnessed what happened.
- Gather contact information from the shooter, any witnesses, and any necessary business contact information.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer who has experience handling accidental shooting cases.
Types of Damages Available for Accidental Shooting Injuries
Victims of accidental shootings may be entitled to numerous types of compensation for their injuries. If you have been injured in an accidental shooting, you may receive compensation for:
- Medical costs, including hospital bills, ambulance costs, physical therapy, medication, and rehabilitation.
- Future medical treatments that are required to deal with severe injuries.
- Loss of income from your job due to absent days and hospitalization.
- Loss of future earnings due to impairment from the injuries you suffered.
- Pain and suffering damages, including anxiety, fear, psychological trauma, and emotional stress.
- Wrongful death expenses if a loved one or family member died from injuries from a gunshot.
OUR AUSTIN ACCIDENTAL SHOOTING INJURY LAWYERS CAN HELP
At Zinda Law Group, our Austin injury lawyers have helped thousands of accident victims get their lives back on track after suffering an injury. We have the knowledge and resources necessary to help you build the strongest claim possible and pursue maximum compensation for hospital bills, future medical costs, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, and much more.
Our firm also believes an injury victim should never have to worry about being able to afford legal representation. That is why we offer 100% free consultations and why you pay nothing unless we achieve a favorable settlement, judgment, or verdict for your case. That’s our No Fee Guarantee.
If you have been injured in an accidental shooting, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 to receive your free consultation with one of our accidental shooting injury lawyers in Austin.
Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.