Tips for Filing Homeowner Insurance Claims
How to File a Homeowner's Insurance Claim
When you experience damage to your home, whether from hail or wind damage, fire or floods, you want prompt payment of your insurance claim. And that prompt payment may rely upon your ability to take the following steps:
- Keep a home inventory and use a camera or a video camera to document everything that you own. The photos or videos will serve as proof of what you owned while preserving your memory on all of the little things that you may forget to claim. These small items they can add up to big money when you have to replace them all at once.
- Document your loss by obtaining estimates from reputable sources to support your claim.
- Keep all of your paperwork together in one place. Place all of your evidence together including papers, photos, videos, receipts and estimates to make them easier to find when you are ready to file your claim. It will also be easier to grab them if you have to leave home in a hurry. Of course, by renting a safe deposit box, you won't have to worry about where your papers are or have to grab them in an emergency on your way out of the house.
- Keep a log to document all of your conversations with your insurance agent; keep a log of dates, times and the subject matter and keep this with the rest of your paperwork.
- Insure your property at replacement cost. There can be a huge difference between replacing your property with new versus replacing it with a comparable make or model. The difference between what you originally paid versus what it will cost you to replace the property later on can be as much as a 90% difference in price. Always insure for replacement cost.
- Purchase special riders for your valuables including furs, jewelry, or artwork. Purchasing a rider can provide additional coverage for items that are under-insured or not covered at all under your homeowner's policy.
- Keeping your home in good repair by spending money on repairs and maintenance can help you avoid costly repairs or a personal injury lawsuit in the future.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
Call Zinda Law Group Today
If you have experienced a loss or damage to your home but your insurance company is dragging their feet on paying your claim, you need an experienced attorney to get your claim paid fast. The attorneys at Zinda Law Group deal with insurance companies every day and we have the experience and expertise to get a fair settlement for you. Call us for a free no-fee consultation at (800) 863-5312 and let us help you.
Where Zinda Law Group Practices:
As we’ve grown we expanded out west to El Paso, Texas subsequently into Arizona adding Tucson Personal Injury Lawyers to the firm, as well as adding offices in Colorado including Denver Personal Injury Lawyers and the surrounding cities such as Colorado Springs.
Types of Cases We Handle:
We also have a team of attorneys that have experience serious injury cases such as car accidents, wrongful death and truck accidents. We also have experience handling more complex cases such as gas explosions and drug injury cases, such as the Taxotere® Lawsuits.