CALL (888) 314-6671 TO SPEAK WITH PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYERS FOR FREE
For a free legal consultation, call 800-863-5312
The Client: J.W.
The Case: Pedestrian Struck By Car While Walking In Parking Lot
The Injuries: Catastrophic injuries including complex tibia fractures, fractured ribs, and meniscus tear.
Case Result: Settlement reached in favor of J.W.
PEDESTRIAN STRUCK BY CAR IN EL PASO, TX
After purchasing items from a home improvement store in El Paso, TX, our client was walking in front of the store back to his vehicle. As he crossed the street to the parking lot, a driver attempting to turn left onto the street failed to yield the right-of-way and hit our client with his vehicle.
Our attorney argued that the collision was caused by the negligent actions of the other driver, including:
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian;
- Keeping an improper lookout;
- Traveling at an unreasonable speed given the circumstances;
- Making an untimely and improper application of her brakes;
- Exhibiting inadequate driver attention;
- Driving distracted;
- Taking improper evasive actions to avoid the collision; and
- Choosing to violate safety rules.
This case settled in pre-litigation, and our client received compensation for:
- medical expenses
- future medical treatment;
- lost wages;
- loss of earning capacity;
- emotional distress;
- pain and suffering; and
- physical impairment;
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Message from J.W.
‘Very professional and there was always someone who would take my call, knew my case, and would assist me – even if my attorney was not available. Highly recommend’!J.W.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below are some frequently asked questions related to car accidents
Q: How do I know if I have a pedestrian accident case?
A: Whether or not you have a pedestrian accident case will depend on three factors.
- You want to see whether or not you have liability facts. Liability facts allow you to hold the person who injured you responsible for your injuries.
- You want to see whether or not you have sufficient damages that make it worth your time and hassle to go through with filing a claim for a personal injury. Damages include things like your medical bills from the injury, your lost wages, as well as your pain and suffering.
- You want to see whether or not there is a source of recovery, which usually means some sort of insurance policy that will cover the negligent actions of the person who injured you.
- If you are unsure whether or not you have all of these elements, talk to a personal injury lawyer.
If you are unsure whether or not you have all of these elements, talk to a personal injury lawyer.
Q: What compensation may I seek?
A: If you were injured in an accident, the compensation you may be entitled to can include:
- medical expenses;
- future medical expenses;
- lost wages;
- future lost wages;
- loss of future earning capacity; and
- pain and suffering and emotional distress.
As this is not a definitive list, speak with an attorney to find out more about the compensation to which you may be entitled.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR CASE
Our attorneys can help you understand your case, talk you through the process of seeking compensation, help you establish liability, and even help you understand the estimated value of your case.
Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.