Ridesharing services are becoming more prevalent in Roswell, providing convenient and accessible transportation. However, accidents involving rideshare drivers can raise questions about liability, leaving injured victims unsure of what to do next. A Roswell rideshare accident lawyer can identify the liable party and help you pursue financial compensation.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a rideshare accident in Chaves County, NM, reach out to Zinda Law Group and speak to one of our Roswell car accident lawyers as soon as possible. We offer free consultations, and since we handle cases on contingency, you won’t pay anything upfront.
Contact us now to get started.
Determining Liability After a Rideshare Accident
If you’ve been involved in an accident with a rideshare vehicle such as an Uber or Lyft, understanding liability is key. You might be wondering who is responsible for your injuries.
Generally, rideshare companies offer insurance policies that could cover your physical injuries and property damage. Nonetheless, situations can arise where the liability might rest with the rideshare driver due to their negligence.
Uber and Lyft drivers are subject to background checks, are expected to maintain clean driving records, and are required to have personal insurance coverage. However, it’s important to note that rideshare drivers are categorized as independent contractors. This distinction means that Lyft and Uber might not always be accountable for the actions of their drivers.
The Rideshare Driver’s Status Affects Liability
If an Uber or Lyft driver operates their vehicle with their rideshare app turned off or inactive, they could be treated like any other driver. If an accident occurs under these circumstances, the driver may be individually liable for injuries or property damage from the incident.
Conversely, if the driver has already accepted a passenger and is actively on a trip, the responsibility for any accident that happens while the passenger is in the vehicle may fall on the company.
Our Roswell rideshare accident lawyer can investigate your case, establish fault, and negotiate with insurance providers to ensure you get the compensation you need. If a fair settlement agreement cannot be reached, we won’t hesitate to file a lawsuit. Unlike other law firms, we often go to trial to ensure our clients get full compensation for their injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Roswell, call 800-863-5312
Potential Causes of Rideshare Collisions
Accidents involving rideshare vehicles can occur in various ways and may result in severe injuries or even fatalities for those involved.
Potential causes of rideshare vehicle accidents encompass a range of factors, including:
- Distracted driving: This involves any activity diverting the driver’s attention from the road, such as looking at their cell phone while locating a rideshare passenger. Distraction increases the risk of accidents and endangers passengers and other motorists.
- Speeding: Rideshare drivers might exceed speed limits to get their passengers to their destinations on time, but speeding poses significant risks. It can lead to loss of vehicle control, escalate crash severity, and reduce the effectiveness of safety equipment.
- Driving while fatigued: Operating a vehicle while fatigued can result in lane drifting, delayed reactions, or even falling asleep at the wheel. Rideshare drivers, who often work long hours, might experience fatigue, compromising their ability to drive safely.
- Unsafe road conditions: Rideshare drivers might fail to adjust to road conditions to accommodate more passengers, increasing the likelihood of accidents and injuries. For instance, rain can create treacherous surfaces, leading to loss of control and collisions.
- Running red lights: Distractions from passengers or the app may lead to a rideshare driver running a red light. This dangerous action heightens the risk of collisions that lead to devastating outcomes.
If you’ve sustained injuries in an accident involving a speeding or reckless rideshare driver, or if you’ve been part of any incident with a rideshare vehicle, our team can assist you in determining liability and guide you through compensation options, including pursuing a Roswell rideshare accident lawsuit.
Rideshare Accident in Roswell lawyers near me 800-863-5312
Common Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
Car accidents can result in a range of injuries, varying in severity. These injuries can have immediate and long-term impacts on the victim’s well-being.
Some of the most common injuries sustained in car accidents include:
- Broken bones: Fractures and breaks are excruciatingly painful and may require different levels of medical intervention. Treatment could involve casts, splints, or even surgery in more severe cases.
- Cuts or lacerations: Accidents may cause cuts or lacerations from shattered glass and debris. These injuries can damage tendons, muscles, and ligaments, potentially leading to infections.
- Spinal cord injuries: Sudden, traumatic blows to the spine can result in spinal cord injuries with potentially lasting effects on strength, sensations, and bodily functions. The effects of these injuries might worsen over time.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Violent impacts to the head from hitting a steering wheel in a car accident can lead to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). These injuries range from mild to severe, with symptoms including memory loss, altered personality, and concentration difficulties.
- Soft tissue injuries: Car accidents can also cause soft tissue injuries beyond visible injuries. These injuries affect muscles, ligaments, and tendons, leading to pain, swelling, and reduced mobility.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, seeking prompt medical attention is essential. Even seemingly minor injuries can have hidden complications. Once you see a healthcare provider, consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney can help you understand your rights and explore avenues for pursuing compensation.
Compensation After a Rideshare Collision
After being injured in an accident involving a rideshare vehicle, you may wonder how you will pay for medical bills, property damage, and other accident-related expenses. We have a proven track record of success in motor vehicle accident cases.
Example Case Results
Here are just a few examples of the results we’ve achieved for our clients:
- $1.3 million for a client with neck injuries
- $1.4 million for an individual who sustained broken bones
- $6.5 million for the family of a fatally injured victim
Each case is unique, and your compensation will depend on the severity of your injuries and the circumstances of the accident. A Roswell accident attorney from our firm can evaluate your case and explain the potential compensation you could recover.
Types of Damages
Compensable damages in a rideshare collision could include:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Physical therapy
- Medical equipment
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Decreased earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
- Punitive damages
If you have any questions regarding the potential compensation available in your situation, reach out to a rideshare accident lawyer at Zinda Law Group today. We’ve handled numerous car accident injury cases and know how to deal with insurance companies and the Roswell court system.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Roswell Rideshare Accident Lawyer
After a life-altering accident, you might feel overwhelmed and uncertain about your next steps. Our experienced Zinda Law Group attorneys are available around the clock to help. Our rideshare accident lawyer in Roswell can assist you through the legal proceedings, regardless of your current financial situation or the nature of your injuries.
If you’ve been injured in a rideshare collision, we’re committed to advocating for your legal rights and guiding you through every step, from initial filing to final judgment. Your first consultation is always free, and you only pay if we win your case; that’s our “No Win, No Fee Guarantee.”
Contact us today to get started.