Burn Injury Attorney Carrollton
Burn injuries result in 300,000 deaths every year and are the third leading cause of death in the U.S. according to the Burn Injury Recovery Center. Nearly 4,000 people die every year from burn injuries in the United States alone.
Prompt assessment and treatment of burn injuries is crucial. Assessment and treatment of burn injuries relies upon three areas of information that include severity, location and diagnosis.
- Severity – will depend on how hot the skin got and how long the burning of flesh lasted
- Location – because skin in different areas of the body have different thicknesses, water and oil content, subcutaneous fat and blood vessels, location plays a key role in assessment
- Diagnosis – based on the depth of the burn
- First-degree burns - redness, often with a white plaque and minor pain at the site of the burn
- Second-degree burns – leaking of clear fluid, superficial blistering, and increase in pain level
- Third-degree burns – charring of skin and can include a hard, leather-like scabby appearance
- Fourth-degree burns – injury to deep tissue underlying the skin, including the muscles and bones. Further differentiated by:
- Partial thickness burns - partial damage at all levels of tissue and bone
- Full thickness burns - damage at all levels of tissue and bone
The information obtained in the assessment of severity, location and diagnosis will form the foundation for the establishment of a treatment plan for the burn victim.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA, JOE CAPUTO, BURGESS WILLIAMS, NEIL SOLOMON, & JASON ALDRIDGE
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
Treatment for Burn Injuries
A prompt assessment of the degree and severity of the burn is crucial. Treatment for first and second degree burns can include the topical application of antibiotics and bandages. Third degree burns include antibiotics and bandages, and may also include an escharotomy, or an incision into the burn to lessen the pulling on surrounding tissue. Fourth degree burns will always involve long-term hospitalization, pressure garments, special dressings, surgical intervention, and quite often, skin grafts.
Pain management must also be addressed in each of these burn categories as well as the management of the emotional distress, grief and mental health issues that may arise as a result of the injuries.
Complications of Burn Injuries
Even when properly treated, burn injuries can result in complications which include:
- Formation of scar tissue
- Bacterial infections or sepsis
- Permanent damage to lungs from smoke inhalation
- Damage to blood vessels leading to fluid loss and dehydration
- Loss of, or limited, physical movement or motion
- Hypothermia (core temperature drops below normal)
- Emotional distress, grief and mental health issues
Call Zinda Law Group Today
At Zinda Law Group, we have experience in burn injury claims, and we can protect your right to receive treatment and compensation for your injuries. To speak with one of our attorneys about your case, call us today at (800) 863-5312 for a free, no-fee consultation.