Carrollton Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle accidents can be very serious and have a much higher rate of injury and death than wrecks involving passenger cars. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that while only 13.1 car crashes in 100,000 result in death, 72.34 motorcycle crashes in 100,000 ends in death. In addition to the higher rate of fatalities in motorcycle accidents, a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) revealed costs were much higher due to an increase in the severity of the injuries. The increase in severity is attributable to the exposed nature of the body on a motorcycle, and often, the lack of helmet laws.
If you were injured in a crash, the Carrollton motorcycle accident attorneys at Zinda Law Group are here to help. Call 800-863-5312 today for a free attorney consultation.
The majority of motorcycle accidents result when a car driver fails to see a motorcycle and invades their right-of-way. There are a number of ways to reduce injuries if you are involved in a motorcycle accident including the use of defensive driving and wearing brightly illuminated, protective apparel such as helmets, gloves, and other motorcycle specific apparel. Statistics show that when motorcycle riders wear approved helmets they can reduce their risk of death by 37%, and they can reduce their risk of brain injury or death significantly.
- Bright colors and reflective strips – improves visibility and reduces the likelihood of accidents
- Motorcycle specific apparel - leather shoes, boots and jackets, and leather chaps or pants or reinforced denim can provide abrasion resistance and improve protection upon impact
- Helmets – can reduce the risk of brain injury or death
- Gloves – gloves specifically designed for motorcycle use provide increased ability to grip the handlebars and maintain control over clutch and brake levers
Soft tissue injuries can be reduced or prevented by wearing protective apparel such as helmets, clothing and boots which provide abrasion resistance and added control. In addition, protective apparel can also provide protection from the rain, wind, and cold and can decrease the likelihood of having a motorcycle accident. To further improve your safety and decrease the likelihood of a motorcycle accident, the CDC recommends that you:
- Always wear an safety-approved helmet
- Never ride after drinking alcohol
- Avoid tailgating
- Maintain a safe speed at all times
- Exercise caution on slippery surfaces or gravel
Have You Been Injured?
Motorcycle accidents can leave the victims with devastating injuries including broken bones, spinal injuries, traumatic brain injuries, paralysis and more. The Carrollton motorcycle accident attorneys at Zinda Law Group have successfully represented victims in motorcycle accidents and we would like to represent you. We have experience in motorcycle accident claims and we can help you receive compensation for your injuries. Call us today at (800) 863-5312 for a free attorney consultation.