How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
When an individual is facing a personal injury claim, it is important for them to obtain the right legal representation. Resolving an injury claim can become overwhelming and challenging due to expensive medical bills, lost wages from missed work, property damage issues, and frustration when dealing with insurance companies, among other things. With that in mind, there are several items to consider when choosing a personal injury attorney to represent you, such as:
- Proper accreditation and good standing with the state licensing agency
- Specialty areas
- Years of experience
- Timeliness, responsiveness, and accessibility
- Client testimonials and reviews
- Case outcomes
- Industry awards
- Helpfulness and professional presentation
- Your comfort level
How Do I Find a Personal Injury Attorney?
Today, the easiest way to search for a personal injury attorney is through the Internet. Using a search engine like Google or Bing will reveal many lawyers who practice in the area of personal injury. It is important to take the time to review a variety of attorneys.
In addition to the above considerations, you can refer to online legal directories, such as FindLaw, Nolo, Justia, and Avvo, to obtain reviews on a particular attorney or law firm. You can also utilize reviews offered on other platforms, including Google, Yelp, and social media websites.
Another effective method is to solicit recommendations from family and friends. There is a high likelihood that someone you know has been involved in a personal injury case. If so, ask them these questions:
- Is a personal injury attorney necessary?
- What attorney represented you in your case?
- What did you like or dislike about your experience with the attorney?
- How did the attorney handle your case?
- Were you satisfied with your representation?
- Would you recommend your attorney to me in my case?
How Do I Meet with an Attorney?
After doing your research and identifying qualified attorneys, contact the various law offices to arrange a free consultation. If an attorney or firm does not offer a free consultation, consider this a red flag. At your consultation, be prepared to ask questions such as:
- Can you explain the process of a personal injury case?
- How much experience do you or your firm have dealing with personal injury cases?
- Who will I be working with on this case?
- What is my job throughout the course of this case?
The answers to these questions and others should help you determine whether you are comfortable with the attorney and the firm. However, if you still feel uneasy after speaking with the attorney, continue comparing your options until you find the right fit. Be patient with the process of finding an attorney, as finding the right representation will save you time, frustration, and stress later on.
Why Choose Zinda Law Group to Represent You?
The personal injury attorneys at Zinda Law Group have a wealth of experience in handling injury claims. We understand that tackling a personal injury claim on your own can be daunting and stressful. Our attorneys will work in collaboration with you and fight tirelessly for the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 512-246-2224 for a free case evaluation. Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.