College Station Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
While motorcycles make up only six percent of all injuries and fatalities overall, the costs average $12 billion annually. Motorcycles have a much higher rate of accidents than cars, and they have a much higher rate of injury and death. In a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control, it was found that costs were much higher due to an increase in the severity of the injuries. This increase in severity can be attributed to the exposed nature of the person on a motorcycle and often, the lack of helmet requirement laws. In fact, the likelihood of injury during a motorcycle accident is very high: ninety-eight percent of multiple vehicle collisions and ninety-six percent of single vehicle accidents result in some form of injury to the motorcycle rider.
Once a collision has happened, and/or there has been a loss of control of the motorcycle, there are often secondary injuries and/or fatalities including:
- Concussive and brain injury –this happens when the head strikes against other vehicles or objects. Injuries also occur from colliding with protective barriers, signs, fences, and street lamp posts.
- Soft tissue injuries – will happen in the area of skin and muscle due to sliding and scraping across the surface of the road.
- Facial disfigurement - happens in approximately thirty-five percent of all motorcycle accidents as a result of an unprotected face sliding across the ground or striking an object.
- Broken bones – results from falling and/or striking objects. Breaks occur in arms, shoulder, back, legs, and neck with the most common break occurring in the shoulder and the pelvis.
- Biker’s arm – occurs when the nerves in the upper arm are damaged in the fall resulting in permanent paralysis and loss of movement.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA, JOE CAPUTO, BURGESS WILLIAMS, NEIL SOLOMON, & JASON ALDRIDGE
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
There are a number of ways to reduce injuries in a motorcycle accident – most occur prior to the accident itself. Defensive driving is important, as is the wearing of bright, reflective clothing to improve visibility. Personal protective equipment such as helmets, clothing and boots provide abrasion resistance and added control, and clothing with extra padding can provide impact protection.
- Helmets – It has been found that when motorcycle riders wear approved helmets, they reduce their risk of death by a full thirty-seven percent. An approved helmet is one that meets or exceeds the FMVSS-218 regulations.
- Full-faced Helmet – can reduce facial disfigurement by reducing the impact on the chin-bar area
- Motorcycle specific apparel – soft tissue injuries can be reduced and/or prevented with the wearing of motorcycle-specific protective apparel such as leather shoes and boots, leather jackets, leather chaps or pants, and reinforced denim. Protective apparel can provide abrasion resistance through the use of thick leathers and quilted fabrics in addition to proving impact protection via padding, foam and plastic. Protective apparel also provides protection from the wind, rain, and cold that can often make motorcycle riding dangerous.
- Gloves — gloves are designed specifically for motorcycle use and have slightly curved fingers with seams on the outer surfaces which give the motorcyclist the ability to maintain a grip on the handlebars and to control the clutch/brake levers.
- Bright colors and reflective strips – improve visibility and are commonly found on good quality equipment.
Call Zinda Law Group in Bryan College Station today with any motorcycle accident related questions you may have.