Traffic Accident Lawyer in Bryan College-Station
If you have ever been involved in a traffic accident, then you know that there are many things that you can do to protect yourself, your property and your rights, including:
- If you can do so safely, take pictures of the accident scene before you move any vehicles. Photos can provide proof of where each vehicle ended up in relation to the other vehicle involved in the accident.
- If you are able to, move your car out of the line of traffic. This will protect both you and your vehicle, and ease the flow of traffic.
- Call 911 if the police have not been called yet. Be sure to ask for an ambulance if somebody has been injured or killed.
- Seek medical attention from the paramedics when they arrive on the scene. In the alternative, seek medical attention at the emergency department or with your personal physician.
- Call for a tow truck if your car cannot be driven; the police can also send one. The tow truck can deliver your car to the garage of your choice for repairs.
- Obtain the driver and insurance information of the other driver including name, address, contact information, driver's license number, and insurance information. Exchange your information with the other driver.
- Obtain the names and contact information of witnesses whenever possible.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
After the Accident
There are also a number of things that you will want to do following the accident. First, contact your insurance company and file a claim. If you report your claim by telephone, be sure to follow up in writing as soon as practical to protect your rights under the state’s “prompt payment of claims” law. It is also advisable to contact an experienced attorney to help you deal with the legal hurdles the insurance company is sure to throw your way.
You will also want to send copies of the accident report to the insurance company and send that in along with your proof of loss. Last, provide copies of all your doctor bills, invoices, car repair receipts, etc., to your claims adjuster or your attorney.
Filing a Claim
Under Texas law, you must file any claim for benefits with two years of the date of the accident. If you fail to file your claim prior to the two year statute of limitations, your right to collect benefits will expire. Once your claim has been submitted, your insurance company is required by law to respond within the following time limits:
- Respond within 15 days – The insurance company must respond “in writing” within 15 days from the date that you submitted your claim. You will be asked to provide written proof of loss including receipts for medical treatment, repairs, etc.
- Accept or reject your claim – After submission of your written proof of claim, your insurance company has 15 days to either accept or reject your claim.
- Pay the claim – Once approved, the insurance company must send the payment to you within 5 business days or they must provide you with written notice as to why your claim has been rejected.
Zinda Law Group
If you are getting the run around from your insurance company, the experienced attorneys at Zinda Law Group can help. Call today for a free, no fee consultation. (800) 863-5312.