Distracted Driving Lawyers in Dallas
Call (800) 863-5312 for a Free Consultation with a Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
You can be the most vigilant defensive driver in Texas and still fall victim to personal injury at the hands of a distracted driver. Many people today tend to lead fast-paced lifestyles that involve a lot of multi-tasking. Unfortunately, not all individuals remember to disengage from these behaviors while on the road.
Distracted driving is the result of a person who participates in any non-driving behavior. For example, texting while driving could potentially divert their attention away from what their main focus should be: driving.
According to the official federal government website for distracted driving, there are three types of distracted driving: visual, manual and cognitive.
- Visual includes any type of distraction that takes your eyes off the wheel, including reading a text message, watching a movie or even looking at passengers.
- Manual distractions are those that take your hands off the wheel, including using your cell phone, eating, or applying makeup.
- Cognitive means that your mind is not focused on what you are currently doing. Cognitive distractions, including drunk driving or driving while under the influence of drugs, can be one of the most dangerous.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a distracted driver, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 to speak with a Dallas car accident attorney for free.
Distracted Driving Statistics
The statistics for distracted driving accidents are unsettling. In 2009, more than 5,000 people in the U.S. lost their lives in car accidents reportedly involving driving distractions, while more than 400,000 were injured. If you have suffered as a result of someone else's distracted driving, it is crucial to contact an experienced car accident lawyer immediately.
The following are several more statistics regarding distracted driving:
- Nearly 20 percent of car accidents and injury crashes in the year 2009 were caused by distracted driving.
- Drivers who use cell phones and other hand-held devices are four times more likely to get into an accident.
- When a person uses a cell phone, it slows their reaction time to that similar of a person with a BAC of .08%, the legal limit.
Get Help from Experienced Dallas Car Accident Lawyers
At Zinda Law Group, our Dallas auto accident attorneys can help you deal with the aftermath of your car wreck injury, whether it's a minor sprain or a catastrophic injury. Each case has its own unique circumstances, so we stay informed on all types of motor vehicle accidents that can occur from distraction, from head-on collisions to careless lane changes.
A Dallas personal injury attorney from our firm will evaluate your case and dedicate personal attention to the specific details of the situation. We can advise you on what to expect during the case as well as what your compensation might look like. Call us today at 800-863-5312 to get started with a free consultation with one of our Dallas car accident lawyers.