What If I Was in a Car Accident While Pregnant? | Denver Injury Lawyers
Call (800) 863-5312 for a Free Consultation with a Denver Car Accident Attorney
Expecting a child is a wonderful, magical time in a woman's life. Pregnancy can also be stressful too. There is lots to do to prepare for the arrival of the new addition to your family. The last thing you need when you are pregnant is to be a victim of a car crash. Not only do you have to take care of yourself as the victim, but also the unborn child.
If you've been involved in a motor vehicle crash while pregnant, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 for a free consultation with an experienced Denver car accident attorney.
What Are the Differences?
If you've been the victim of a Denver car accident, the at-fault driver is responsible for your medical bills, lost wages, emotional distress, any other losses you sustained from the collision. You may be entitled to significant damages if you were a victim of an auto accident while pregnant. The amount of compensation varies and can only be determined on a case-by-case basis. While there are no guarantees for a recovery, being pregnant is an aggravating factor that insurance companies must consider when evaluating the value of a claim.
Pain and suffering are damages that may be difficult to quantify because it is difficult to place a dollar value on a person's emotional trauma and suffering. However, there is no doubt that being in a car accident while pregnant exacerbates a woman's pain and suffering. The pregnant accident victim must be concerned with whether the child suffered any injuries. While doctors are skilled at determining the health of an unborn baby, the fear of the unknown remains. Furthermore, accident trauma can complicate a woman's pregnancy, compounding her worry and emotional pain.
Another significant difference relates to the timing of when to file a demand for damages. Depending on the situation of the accident, waiting for the child to be born and allowing the baby to grow might be the wisest decision. A few things you should consider are:
- Taking a wait-and-see approach gives the injured family time to see if the child suffered any adverse effects from the car accident;
- If the child suffers complications from the motor vehicle accident, the medical bills generated from treatment become a large component of the claim; and
- The timing of filing the claim is critical if the baby experiences lasting or permanent injuries. An example of permanent injuries would be a child who was delivered prematurely because of trauma caused by your auto accident. The child might experience delayed development or suffer from other problems commonly experienced by premature babies.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
What Should You Do If You Are Pregnant and in a Car Crash?
The first thing you should do is seek immediate medical assistance. Even if the accident appeared to be minor, you could never be sure unless you get checked out. Here are a few other steps you should take if you are pregnant and involved in a car accident:
- Inform first responders who are called to the scene of the car crash that you are pregnant right away. They will want to know so they can monitor you and your child. They can also anticipate what to do if you or the baby experiences distress.
- Stay in touch with your healthcare providers after the hospital discharges you. Attend every follow-up appointment you have scheduled. This is not only the best way to care for you and your baby but also to prove to the insurance company that your claims of emotional distress are genuine and must be justly compensated.
- Continue to attend medical appointments after the birth of your child. Your baby might not show signs of injury relating to the car crash immediately and could take some time to manifest themselves.
Zinda Law Group Can Help If You Were Pregnant and in a Vehicle Crash
Being the victim in a Denver auto accident while pregnant can be emotionally taxing, but you can turn to the experienced car injury attorneys at Zinda Law Group for help.
Our Denver car accident lawyers have worked with pregnant women who have been victims of a car crash, and we will guide you through the process. Our car accident attorneys will provide you expert legal advice while working work diligently to reach a fair and just resolution of your claim.
Contact us at 303-800-1501 today to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can help if you were pregnant and involved in a Denver car crash.