What Is the Case Value for a Dog Bite That Causes Facial Scars? | Denver Injury Lawyers
While many people consider their pets to be important members of the family, the reality is that some animals can be dangerous. An animal attack can be a traumatic and surprisingly painful experience.
Given the prevalence of dogs as household pets, animal attacks involving dogs are common. These types of attacks can be very serious, especially when they involve injuries to the victim’s face.
If you or a loved one has suffered facial scarring or other injuries from a dog bite or animal attack, the Denver dog bite attorneys of Zinda Law Group can help. Call us at (800) 863-5312 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Denver dog bite lawyers.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA, JOE CAPUTO, BURGESS WILLIAMS, NEIL SOLOMON, & JASON ALDRIDGE
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
How Much Is My Dog Bite Case Worth?
While there is no precise formula for calculating the value of any claim, there are several factors that influence the value of a claim for a dog bite that results in facial scarring.
- Where on the face did the bite occur? A prominent scar that is clearly visible will substantially affect the victim’s appearance for the rest of that person’s life. Accordingly, dog bite cases involving facial injuries will be worth more than those resulting in injuries to less visible parts of the body.
- What does the scar look like? The size and general appearance of the scar will also impact the value of the claim. For example, a large, purple-colored scar across the cheek will have more value than a small, colorless scar under the chin.
- What treatment is recommended? If a doctor recommends the victim undergo scar revision surgery, the costly procedure will increase the victim’s medical expenses. In turn, the claim will generally command a higher settlement value.
- What value does the victim place on personal appearance? When the victim can demonstrate that personal appearance is an important component of his or her identity or career, the claim may have substantial value.
- Does the victim have photographs of the injuries? Photographs are extremely important in cases involving dog bites that result in facial scarring. Photographs of these facial injuries can demonstrate the severity of the initial injury, the injury’s impact on the victim’s appearance over time, and the eventual scarring that remains. These photographs are far more compelling than a generic medical description of the wound.
Our Denver Dog Bite Lawyers Can Help
Dog bite cases involving facial scarring are very complex, which is why it is in your best interest to have a skilled, knowledgeable Denver dog bite lawyer in your corner.
At Zinda Law Group, our Denver personal injury lawyers have the experience and resources necessary to fully prosecute your case. We never settle for anything less than the best, and you pay nothing unless we win your dog bite claim.
If you or a loved one has sustained facial scarring or other injuries from a dog attack, call us today at (800) 863-5312 for a free consultation with a Denver dog bite lawyer. Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.