El Paso Workplace Injury Lawyer
On the job injuries and work-related wrongful deaths occur at an alarming rate in Texas. While occupational injuries can happen in every industry and to all types of workers, they most-frequently occur in labor-related fields such as construction, excavation, drilling, refining, electrical, etc. Employees are entitled to certain basic rights. These include a minimum wage, paid overtime if qualified, and the right to make sure that an employer adheres to all appropriate workplace laws. One of the most important rights that an employee has is the right to work in a safe environment where all safety laws are followed.
Find an El Paso Workplace Injury Lawyer
When looking for a lawyer to represent you in a workplace injury case, it is important to consider several factors. One of the most important factors is the lawyer's experience with such cases. A workplace injury lawyer should have experience in this field as well as knowledge of all aspects of employment and disability law. Your El Paso on the job injury lawyer should be able to explain what laws apply to your situation, how they intend to pursue a favorable case outcome, and be prepared to negotiate with the employer's insurance company to make sure that you receive all necessary compensation.
In short, a good workplace injury lawyer is vital if you have been the victim of an on the job injury. The experienced workplace injury lawyers at Zinda Law Group of El Paso will help you negotiate and seek compensation for your workplace injury.
Common types of injuries at work include, but are not limited to:
- Slip and Falls
- Sprains, strains, and tears
- Broken bones
- Blunt trauma
- Penetrating trauma
- Skin diseases or disorders
- Respiratory conditions
- Hearing loss
- Other illnesses
Compensation for Workplace Injuries in El Paso
Unfortunately, workers sometimes get injured on the job. Such injuries may occur because the employer did not provide safe working conditions. They may also occur by accident. In any case, an employee who injured on the job is entitled to appropriate compensation for their injuries. These include direct financial compensation for medical expenses. It also includes compensation for wages lost as a result of the injury. Additional compensation may also include long-term compensation for more serious injuries or to help those who have been disabled and are unable to go back to work. Direct compensation for a workplace injury can include a lump sum payment or may be divided into monthly payments intended to take the place of a salary.
To get help from an El Paso workplace injury lawyer, call Zinda Law Group at 800-863-5312 today for a free consultation. We can help you understand your rights and if you have a valid claim. We can also answer any questions you may have about your on the job injury and guide you on the best path forward. We look forward to helping you with your workplace injury case.
Here’s what you need to do if you want to proceed with a lawsuit:
- See a doctor as soon as possible for your medical condition. Get the care you need and start a paper trail. Documentation is very important throughout the entire process.
- Get as much information as you can about your injury. Key items include the names, numbers, and addresses of all the people involved, including witnesses. You will also need to keep track of insurance information. Make copies.
- Consult with a workplace injury attorney immediately. In some states, even if you are allowed to make a third-party claim, you may be deemed to have waived that right if you first receive workers compensation benefits.
- Do not talk to anyone about your injury. Anything you say to insurance company representatives or investigators could make it harder for you to settle your claim. It is also a good idea not to sign anything, particularly some kind of release form, without talking to a lawyer first.