Truck Accident Lawyers in Grand Prairie
Passenger vehicles and motorcycles are simply no match for an 18-wheeler, as many people unfortunately find out when they get into an accident with one. In most situations, the collision and subsequent injuries or deaths are due to negligence and could have been avoided. Some of the most common reasons for big rig accidents that we see at the law firm of Zinda Law Group include:
- Driver fatigue. Although there are Texas state laws and federal laws in place limiting the number of hours that truck drivers can work in a day or week, trucking companies often disregard these laws in favor of profitability for the company. This leads to exhaustion, stress and inattentiveness for the truck driver.
- The truck driver is under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. Some drivers resort to drug use as a means of staying awake over long hauls. Mandatory pre-hire and random drug tests are often not enough to catch truck drivers being over the legal limit for alcohol or illegal drug use.
- Improper loading of the truck, driving an overweight truck or improperly securing the load.
- Driving in severe weather. It is the responsibility of the truck driver to make allowances for bad weather and refrain from driving until it is safe again.
- Trucking companies that do not adhere to regular inspection and maintenance schedules endanger everyone else on the road.
- The driver's failure to adhere to traffic safety laws. Due to the size of the typical 18-wheeler, it requires a longer amount of time to come to a complete stop. The National Highway Safety Commission estimates that up to 25 percent of over-the-road truck drivers involved in fatal accidents have been previously ticketed for speeding.
Contact a Grand Prairie Truck Accident Lawyer at Zinda Law Group for a Free Evaluation of Your Case
Zinda Law Group is an experienced personal injury law firm serving clients in Grand Prairie, Texas and the surrounding communities. Our attorneys have obtained favorable settlements for victims of commercial truck crashes and we can do the same for you. We encourage you to contact our office to schedule an appointment for a free consultation. Please come prepared for the appointment with as much information about the accident as possible, including the name of the truck driver and the company that employs him or her. An official copy of the accident report is also helpful. An experienced Grand Prairie truck accident lawyer will evaluate your case and let you know if you have a reasonable chance of winning a personal injury lawsuit against the truck driver.
Fair Compensation for Your Medical Bills and Other Expenses
You should not have to pay for medical expenses caused by the negligence of a commercial truck driving company. When a Zinda Law Group Grand Prairie truck accident lawyer files your lawsuit, he/she will request compensation for past, present and future medical expenses associated with the accident. The judge awarding the amount also considers your pain and suffering, loss of livelihood and the degree that the truck accident has impacted your ability to enjoy life.