Las Cruces Personal Injury FAQ’s
CALL (800) 863-5312 TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION WIth an EXPERIENCED LAS CRUCES ACCIDENT LAWYER
Have you been injured in a car accident on Highway 70? Or did you slip and fall at a restaurant in downtown Las Cruces? Whatever hardship you have endured from an accident or the negligence of someone else, Zinda Law Group experienced Las Cruces personal injury lawyers want to help ease your burden; we are here to help.
Our lawyers are passionate, dedicated, and understanding of the adversities you have faced. Did you know you can get a free case evaluation to determine whether you may be eligible for compensation for your injury? You need look no further than a Zinda Law Group free lawyer consultation in Las Cruces; just call (800) 863-5312 and schedule your 100% free consultation today.
What to expect at your personal injury lawyer meeting
We understand that meeting with an attorney can feel intimidating, which is why we want to give you some insight into the process. Our Las Cruces injury lawyers are on your team, and we promise we have handled cases similar to yours, so we know what we are doing when it comes to case law and personal injury lawsuits in New Mexico.
What Will the First Meeting Look Like?
The first time you meet with a lawyer is generally just a way for you and the lawyer to get to know each other and discuss your case in broad terms. You will not be going to court or wrestling with negotiations whatsoever, so don’t worry about wearing a suit or having everything straightened out. Your lawyer will talk with you about the details of your case and the injuries you experienced, and then can give you a free assessment of your case.
Although we all may wish that these issues could get squared away in one meeting, that is realistically never the case. Rome wasn’t settled in a day, and neither is a lawsuit. This process may require some patience, but just remember that you have our experienced Zinda Law Group Las Cruces injury lawyers by your side.
What Should I Bring to my Consultation Meeting?
There are some things that you can bring to your consultation meeting to help yourself and our attorneys with discussing your case. However, if you can’t or you forget, don’t worry! Our experienced injury lawyers understand how confusing and overwhelming this process can be and are always able to accommodate you.
If you can, consider bringing with you:
- A pen and pad of paper. You may want to take down notes about what you discuss with your lawyer or different questions or concerns that arise. If your lawyer requests certain documents that you don’t have on you that day, you will need to write them down, so you don’t forget. Of course, if you forget these items, we can always provide you with some.
- A list of questions. We completely understand if you have a handful of questions to ask your Las Cruces accident lawyer. This process can feel overwhelming, so we recommend that you write down any questions you have before the meeting. That way you are able to get all of the answers you need and don’t drive away thinking, “Oh no, I forgot to ask about …”
- Documents relevant to your case. I know this may feel like a broad request, but don’t worry, we’ll explain. What kind of documents you bring with you will depend on what kind of case you have. If you were in a car accident, try to bring to your car accident lawyer in las Cruces, NM, any documents relating to the accident and the injuries you experienced because of it.
This would include the police report, documents from insurance companies, letters from your doctor, medical bills, or documentation from your employer if you had to take off work. If you had any pictures or videos of the scene or your injuries, bring those too. If you were in some other kind of accident, try to bring whatever documents you have that relate to the accident itself and the hardships you faced because of it, including pictures, medical bills, etc.
As a quick reminder, here are the documents you’ll need in checklist format:
- police report
- insurance documents
- insurance communications
- letters from your doctor
- medical bills
- receipts from purchases related to treatment of your injuries
- documents from your employer if you missed work
- pictures of the scene of the accident
- photos and/or videos of your injuries
Try not to let this overwhelm you. If you forget a medical bill or insurance letter, that is OK. There will likely be time to schedule another meeting with your personal injury lawyer in Las Cruces.
Remember, these are just recommendations! If you are not able to find all of these documents or if you forget to bring a list of questions, that is 100% okay. Our personal injury lawyers know how overwhelming this process can feel and are here to work with you every step of the way.
How Should I Act During the Meeting?
Be yourself! At Zinda Law Group we are attorneys, but we are also New Mexico residents just like you who love catching Albuquerque Isotopes games and hiking in Dripping Springs. Although we are here to talk to you about your legal case, it is important to us that you feel comfortable with your lawyer.
Additionally, be honest. It may feel intriguing to stretch the truth in certain areas or exaggerate others so that it sounds like you have a stronger case, but ultimately that will just hurt you in the long run. Be transparent with your lawyer, and we will be transparent with you; the only way to build a strong working relationship is to build it on honesty.
What Kind of Questions Should I Ask My Las Cruces Accident Lawyer?
This is a great question. If you already have some concerns or hesitations going into your meeting, be sure to write them down in advance. Otherwise, consider asking these questions:
- What kind of experience do you have with similar cases? This is a great question to ask any attorney you are considering retaining. At Zinda Law Group, our personal injury attorneys are experienced in handling a wide range of lawsuits addressing many types of issues. Whether you are in need of a slip and fall lawyer or a car accident lawyer in Las Cruces, NM, we have the experience you want to hear about, and we are happy to share our best strategies for helping you recover from it.
- What will this process look like? When we think of lawsuits, we tend to think of the courtroom, but many cases actually resolve before the case gets to that stage. After you fill your attorney in on some of the specifics of your case, consider asking them about their expectations of the process. They can walk you through what you should anticipate happening.
- What are the possible outcomes? Our experienced lawyers will always give you an honest look into what the possible outcomes of your case are. Whether settlement out of court or trial by jury, we cannot be sure what your outcome could be until we get the details from you personally. We will do our best to clearly explain the possibilities, for we understand how important this question is in deciding how you want to proceed.
- What will my role be in the case? Asking this question gives you some insight into what to expect as your case proceeds. Some cases may require a little more participation of the client, whereas others can be largely handled without much face-to-face interaction.
- How much will this meeting cost me? Whatever law office you are in, you should always ask this question. At Zinda Law Group our proud answer is this: nothing! Our consultations are always free, and we operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t have to pay us a dime unless we win you compensation in your case.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
OTHER personal injury FAQ’S
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Case?
How long you have to file a personal injury case generally depends on the state’s statute of limitations. A statute of limitations is a time period that will expire fairly quickly; it begins on the day of the accident. If you don’t file your case within that period, then you lose your chance to do so unless some extenuating circumstance exists.
In New Mexico, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is generally three years from the date of the accident. This may feel like a long time but piecing together a case can take longer than you might expect, which is why you should call Zinda Law Group as early as possible.
What Do I Do If an Insurance Adjuster Calls Me?
You should not speak with an insurance adjuster who calls you. Although they may be friendly and sound empathetic to your case, they may be trying to illicit certain statements from you in order to reduce the amount of compensation you can receive. If an adjuster calls you, refuse to answer their questions and instead tell them to contact your attorney.
What Kind of Compensation Might I Receive?
It is difficult and sometimes impossible to estimate the exact amount of compensation you may be able to recover, but generally there are two types of damages you will receive: economic damages and non-economic damages. Both are subsets of what are called compensatory damages.
Economic damages refer to the losses you experienced that are tangible, such as medical bills you paid or time off of work that you had to take. Non-economic damages are a bit more complex and include things like pain and suffering or mental anguish. Proving damages and ensuring that you receive the maximum amount possible is important, and our experienced personal injury lawyers know how to do exactly that.
Don’t WAIT; CALL ZINDA LAW GROUP FOR YOUR FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
Now that you know the ins and outs of this process, let’s get it started! At Zinda Law Group, your consultation will always be free, and you won’t have to worry about paying us a thing unless we win your case. That is our “No Win, No Fee Guarantee.”
Meetings with attorneys are available by appointment only.