Wrongful Death Lawyers in Mesquite
In the United States, car accidents are caused by careless, negligent or distracted drivers all the time. Did you lose a loved one because of a car accident, workplace injury or medical malpractice? Do you know that more than 90,000 deaths occur each year due to medical malpractice alone? Or that nearly 33,000 deaths result from motor vehicle accidents?
The leading causes of wrongful death in Texas are:
- Car accidents
- Drunk driving
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Unsafe premises
- Child abuse
- Nursing home or elder abuse
If a person dies because of the wrongful act of another, then the heirs and beneficiaries have a right to sue for:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Non-economic damages to compensate for the loss of love, society and companionship
- Pain and suffering experienced by the decedent prior to his/her death
- Payment for future services normally provided by your loved one
- Loss of future income
- Compensation for property damage when applicable
- Punitive damages if criminal negligence was involved
A wrongful death claim will serve to hold the person or corporation accountable for the loss of your loved one. It will also serve to compensate your family for their loss. And while we know that money will never replace the love, care and support that you received from your loved one, and it will never fill the void that has been left in your life, it can serve to hold the offending party accountable for the death of your loved one.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim
Our attorneys at Zinda Law Group will help you to understand what your legal rights are and the options that are available to you. If you lost a loved one due to negligence or carelessness, our firm will help you get through the legal process as smoothly as possible. When filing claim, our team of legal professionals will help you get paid for your losses.
- Medical expenses – PAID! This includes medical bills, hospitalization costs, reconstructive surgery when needed, rehabilitation expenses, future medical costs, prescription expenses, and the cost of medical equipment.
- Monetary damages – PAID! This includes property damage, lost wages and future lost earnings.
- Noneconomic damages – PAID! This includes pain and suffering, lost quality of life, and emotional or psychological distress.
Loss of Consortium Claims
If your parent or loved one died due to carelessness, neglect or abuse, you may have a claim for wrongful death including the loss of consortium. The term “loss of consortium” refers to the emotional sadness or depression that a person can experience when an immediate family member (spouse or children) have been injured or killed – and loss of consortium claims are compensable rights. These claims compensate for:
- the loss of society, affection, comfort and care you received from your loved one
- the love and solace you they gave,
- the moral support, protection, and assistance they gave to you, and
- the conjugal fellowship, marital compatibility, and companionship you enjoyed
Our firm is experienced in handling wrongful death cases, and our attorneys are knowledgeable and skilled in the handling of a multitude of personal injury accidents. At Zinda Law Group, we can help you to recover the full amount of compensation that you deserve for your accident and injuries. Call us today and see what an attorney from our firm can do for you.