Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyers
After the trauma of suffering bodily injury due to the careless actions of another, people are so concerned with their health or the health of their loved ones that fighting for compensation is far from the forefront of their minds.
Until an injury directly affects you, there is no need to be aware of the endless resources that insurance companies dedicate to the denial of claims for health care and other costs associated with recovery. The threat of a personal injury suit may be the only way to ensure that justice is restored for victims of negligence.
A lawsuit for a Phoenix personal injury covers a wide range of injuries resulting from crashes, slips, and other incidents. Arizona allows for victims of negligent actors to bring suit against the at-fault party or, more likely, his or her insurer to recover for their losses, which can often be devastating. For instance, in 2003, more than one-third of all car accidents caused injuries or death.
Life-changing injuries can also result from the malpractice of a doctor, hazardous conditions on a property, or attack from a vicious dog. If you or a family member has been injured by the careless acts of a negligent party, then you must consult a Phoenix personal injury lawyer to understand your rights.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA, JOE CAPUTO, BURGESS WILLIAMS, NEIL SOLOMON, & JASON ALDRIDGE
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
AREAS WE PRACTICE
Why Hire a Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer
A Phoenix personal injury attorney will be able to take care of the enormous task of investigating the circumstances of the incident, filing with the court, requesting applicable medical or law enforcement records, and communicating with the other side in an effort to settle the case early. With the aid of an experienced personal injury attorney, like those with Zinda Law Group, you can focus on your own recovery, such as finishing physical therapy or simply attempting to return to your life before the incident.
The knowledgeable and experienced personal injury lawyers at Zinda Law Group are zealous advocates for the rights of our clients. When an accident happens, there can be two parties with adverse interests- the person who caused the injury and an insurance company.
- Bicycle Accident: With raising gas price prices, many people are turning to alternate transportation to cut fuel expenses. Different kinds of vehicles on the road create additional opportunities for injury.
- Boat Accident: There are multiple ways to be injured while enjoying a day on the water. Common types of Arizona boating accidents involve excessive speed, propeller strikes, operating under the influence (OUI), water skiing, overloading recommended weight limits, lack of required equipment, or personal watercrafts.
- Brain Injury: In most cases, a brain injury is caused by a violent blow or jolt to the head. This causes a collision between the brain and the inside of the skull. A shattered piece of skull, bullet, or another object that penetrates the skull may also cause a traumatic brain injury. Mild brain injuries are typically not a cause for concern. However, serious brain injuries can be life-changing. Bleeding, bruising and torn tissues are some of the problems that can result from a serious brain injury. In some cases, brain injuries result in serious complications and death.
- Child Injury Cases: The primary types of accidents involving children include: downing accidents, gunshot wounds, drinking chemicals and poisons, and fire and burns.
- Construction Accidents: Construction sites offer many opportunities for injury. If you’ve been in a construction accident, make sure to contact a legal professional as soon as possible.
- Drowning Accident: Just over ten people per day die from unintentional drowning accidents in the U.S. There are certainly many situations where someone’s negligence led to injury. Many drownings in swimming pools occur because of a poorly designed swimming pool or a malfunction in equipment. Some accidents happen in public pools because of careless supervision or failure to maintain the pool facility properly.
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks: A person who suffers a dog or animal bite may have legal rights to recover damages from the animal’s owner or another responsible party.
- Motor Vehicle Accident: Motor vehicle accidents include Car Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Pedestrian Accidents, and Truck Accidents.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Nursing home staff personnel around the country, including Arizona, are regularly charged with abusing patients physically, sexually and emotionally. In some cases, abuse involves gross neglect, but other situations involve active abuse on the part of caretakers. You can do a number of things to make it less likely that your loved one will suffer abuse in a nursing home. First, be sure to tour any nursing home that you are considering. Look harder than they might expect, speaking to current residents as well as families about their experiences there. Stay vigilant for possible signs of neglect, such as low staff-to-patient ratio, use of restraints, cluttered hallways and overfilled trash cans. Finally, ask if the facility restricts visiting hours in order to determine whether staff could be hiding anything.
- Premises Liability: Premises Liability injuries, or slip and falls usually occur on property owned by someone other than the injured party. The property owner may be held responsible for injuries.
- Product Liability Injury: How many times have you watched a commercial for the “latest” and “most amazing” product? For example, an inexpensive hair removal product that gives you professional results or a product that promises something else that is too good to be true. If you purchased a product that led to an injury or ailment, then that manufacturer must be held accountable. First, they made an inferior product and misrepresented its the quality. Secondly, they sold a hazardous product to you and you may deserve compensation.
- Spinal Cord Injury: Spinal Cord Injuries are caused by blunt or traumatic impact on the spine and often occur during motor vehicle accidents.
- Swimming Pool Accident: Some of the most common and unfortunate swimming pool accidents occur when people do not pay attention, especially with children around. Every year in the United States there are thousands of drowning victims. A large percentage of these victims do not survive the incident. Unfortunately, in most cases the incident could have easily been prevented. Regardless of the cause of the incident, if there was neglect and you have the right to find out what your legal options are.
- Wrongful Death: Common causes of wrongful death include workplace accidents, car accidents, motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice and defective products.
- Talcum Powder Lawsuits: If you have used talcum powder products and been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, you may have a claim.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Will Seek Recover Damages Owed to You
While the vast majority of personal injury suits in Arizona result in settlement before trial, the victims of negligence are entitled to two types of damages. Even if the case does not go before a jury, the threat of a lawsuit that could result in these types of damages will influence the settlement negotiations.
The first type of damages that you may be entitled to recover are compensatory damages, which are exactly what they sound like: the costs of medical treatment, loss of or damage to property, time spent missing work, and even having to endure pain and suffering. These damages are often easy to quantify, because they are supported by documentation such as medical bills or appraisals.
The second type of damages that Phoenix citizens may be entitled to recover are punitive damages, which exist to actually punish a party for their disregard of their duty of care owed to the victim of their negligence. Often punitive damages apply to acts of criminal recklessness or simply when a bad actor ignores the public good. Consider how much of a threat an insurance company will perceive from a potential trial, when their insured injures somebody by running a stop sign, texting while driving, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. These are methods of recovery that you are owed under the law, but convincing an insurance company to compensate you will be nearly impossible without a personal injury attorney.
Statute of Limitations in Personal Injury Cases
Remember that you have a limited time from the date of the incident, a legal concept known as the Statute of Limitations, to file suit against an at-fault party. Be wary of the tactics an insurer will use to push you off and waste your time, while the clock is ticking. In the event you need assistance with a bodily injury claim caused by the carelessness of another, consult with the experienced personal injury lawyers at Zinda Law Group in Phoenix to understand your rights and also be relieved of the burden of investigating the incident or obtaining the documents that prove up the damages owed to you by law.
1.) Posting on Social Media: The opposing insurance company will be securitizing your social media accounts. They are looking for anything that might contradict your injury and evidence of past irresponsible behavior. It’s in your best interest to remove any past posts that may suggest reckless behavior and avoid posting on social media until your case is settled.
2.) Talking about your case: Be very careful about who you discuss your case with. Your best bet is limiting discuss to your personal injury attorney and close family members. Broadcasting the details of your case runs the risk of damaging the credibility of your claim.
3.) Not properly documenting your injuries and hardships: Take pictures and keep records of your injuries both when they happen and during the healing process. This will be valuable proof in court.
4.) Delaying Medical Treatment or Skipping appointments: By putting off seeing a doctor or skipping recommended follow up appointments, you sent a message to the court that your injuries are not very severe and damage your case.
5.) Talking to the Opposing Insurance Company without an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney: The insurance company is going to do everything they can to lessen your claim and settle for as little money as possible. Working with seasoned personal injury lawyer will help protect your rights and get you the compensation for your damages that you deserve.