Swimming Pool Accident Lawyers in Plano, Texas
Plano, TX Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys
Drowning ranks fifth in causes of unintentional injury death in the United States according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and ten people die every day from unintentional drowning. There are a lot of reasons that people are injured or drown in swimming pools, but the following factors increase the risk exponentially.
- Inability to swim
- Lack of barriers to prevent access
- Unsupervised water access
- Lack of close supervision
- Untrained or negligent lifeguards
- Lack of safety equipment
- Failure to wear life jackets
- Overcrowding in pool
- Damaged or lack of pool ladders
- Non-working pool lights
- Circulation entrapment
- Inadequate pool upkeepMinimizing the Danger of Drowning
If you have pool on your property or have a lake or pond nearby, it is important to keep everyone safe from injury or drowning. The following suggestions can improve the quality of the swimming experience and keep children and adults out of harm’s way.
- Teach your children how to swim and learn to swim yourself
- Always supervise children when water is present
- Use the buddy system and always swim with a buddy
- Frequent pools that have lifeguards
- Install four-sided fencing at least four feet high
- Use self-closing and self-latching gates that open outward
- Place the latches out of reach of small children
- Install automatic door locks and alarms to alert you that someone is in the pool area
- Wear life jackets
- Never use toys as life jackets
- Clear the pool deck and the pool itself of all floats, balls and toys
- Learn CPR and keep your skills updated
- With seizure disorders, consider taking showers rather than using the bathtub
- Avoid drinking alcohol before or during water activities
Zinda Law Group Can Help You
Water activities provide wonderful opportunities for recreation, relaxation and exercise when adequately supervised and equipped. When pools are not properly equipped or lack proper supervision, there is a high risk for accidents, injuries and drowning.
If your child or a loved one has been injured or drowned in a swimming pool accident in Plano, TX, you have the right to file an insurance claim to pay for medical treatment, damages – even wrongful death. The attorneys at Zinda Law Group have the expertise to successfully negotiate a fair settlement with your insurance company and to get your medical bills paid. And when your insurance company refuses to negotiate in good faith or fails to offer a fair settlement, we have the experience you need to take them to court and win! Call to speak with one of our attorneys today at (800) 863-5312 and let us help you.