Round Rock Boat Injury Lawyers
Boat Injury Lawyers in Round Rock
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reported 3,358 people were injured in 2009 along with 736 fatalities. Of those who died, 7 out of 10 died from drowning with 90% of drownings attributable to failure to wear a life jacket. Listed below are some of the more common causes of boating accidents and deaths.
- Operator error – 7 out of 10 boating accidents are the result of operator error, so boating education is crucial to reduce those numbers. Safety courses can teach rules for safe operation and navigation, and provide safety checklists.
- Drinking – consumption of alcohol can impair judgment, vision, balance and coordination, and is involved in nearly one third of all boating fatalities. Alcohol is the leading cause of boating accidents in the U.S. according to the CDC with 46% of alcohol related boating accidents occurring when the boat is docked, anchored or drifting.
- Drowning / failure to wear a life jacket – almost always due to the failure to wear a life jacket; 90% of those who drowned were not wearing one. Wearing a life jacket can save your life - they should be worn at all times, by everyone aboard.
- Propeller injuries –boats with motors have propellers that can cause severe injuries when driving over swimmers or fallen passengers; propeller injuries can cause deep lacerations, severe blood loss, loss of limbs, and even death.
- Defective equipment – failure to maintain equipment such as navigation lights, visual distress signal devices, fire extinguishers, and flotation devices often leads to injuries that could have been prevented.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning – carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, and poisonous gas that can kill in a matter of minutes; always be sure to maintain motorized equipment, provide sufficient ventilation, and use CO detectors in living and sleeping areas.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
Drowning Accident Lawyers in Round Rock
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), drowning ranks fifth among the leading causes of unintentional injury death in the United States, and every day ten people die from unintentional drowning. Of these, 20% are children aged 14 or younger. For every child that dies from drowning, another five require emergency room care for nonfatal submersion injuries. And more than 50% of the drowning victims that are treated in the emergency room must be hospitalized for injuries such as severe brain damage. Surviving victims who suffer severe brain damage will often sustain long-term disabilities such as memory problems, learning disabilities, and permanent loss of basic functioning often leading to a permanent vegetative state.
Call Zinda Law Group Today
Boating can be a great source of joy, fun and excitement. It can also be the source of great pain and injury. If you have been injured in a boating accident, whether due to a propeller accident or operator error, our boat accident lawyers in Round Rock want to help you. The attorneys at Zinda Law Group have many years of experience handling boating injuries claims and we can protect your rights to receive medical care, lost wages and proper compensation for your injuries. Call 800-863-5312 to speak with a boat accident lawyer in Round Rock. The call and the consultation are free, so call today.
What to do after a boating accident:
- Check everyone in your boat to make sure they are safe and then locate the First-Aid kit on board.
- If anyone needs medical attention or if the boat is too damaged to drive to shore, call the coast guard, local police, or emergency contact for that area.
- If everyone is safe and secure, gather as much information about the accident as you can. (parties involved, witnesses, location, etc.)
- If the Coast Guard do not do an accident report at the scene, you should call to report the accident as soon as you are able.
- Even if you don’t believe that you are injured initially, it is still advisable to see your doctor. Shock of being in an accident can often distract you from noticing your symptoms or from feeling pain.
- Call a personal injury lawyer to discuss your legal options.