Burn Injury Lawyers in San Antonio
Burn injuries can happen in many places including your home, at work, and in auto accidents. Many burn injuries are the result of being exposed to sunburn, scalding, friction, fire, electricity or chemicals. Listed below are a number of ways that someone could be at risk of a burn injury.
- Sunburn – too much time spent in the sun can result in a superficial injury to the outermost layer of skin
- Scalding – resulting from exposure or contact with extremely hot water such as a boiling pot of water
- Friction – often results from something rubbing against the skin such as rug burn, or a workplace accident involving mechanical or conveyor belts
- Fire – happens when flesh comes into contact with a source of heat such as fire, flames or liquid accelerants
- Electrical – results from an electrical current passing through the body by way of a downed wire or faulty electrical wiring in your home
- Chemical – often from contact or inhalation of chemicals whether liquid, powder or aerosol
Degree of Burns A burn is an injury to flesh that is caused by flame, electricity, chemicals, sunburn, friction, and even heat and cold. Burns can often be treated with first aid or out-patient treatment, but serious burns need to be treated at specialized burn centers or hospital burn wards. Burns are often recorded by degree of damage with first degree burns easily managed, whereas more serious burns can be life threatening and will require extensive medical intervention.
- First-degree burns - limited to redness, a white plaque and minor pain at the burn site.
- Second-degree burns - filled with a clear fluid, some superficial blistering, and cause more pain than a first degree burn.
- Third-degree burns – there is charring of the skin present and often a hard, leather-like scabby appearance.
- Fourth-degree burns –injury to the deep tissue underlying the skin, including muscles and bones. Contained within the level of fourth degree burns are partial and full thickness burns:
- Partial thickness burns – includes partial damage to the all levels of tissue and bone.
- Full thickness burns - damage to the all levels of tissue and bone.
The proper management of serious burns is very important to minimize scarring, disfigurement and possible death. If you have been seriously burned in an accident or injury, you are going to require hospitalization, and likely surgery and skin grafts. These are very serious injuries that often result major medical bills and psychological damage requiring professional assistance. We Can Help Burn victims often face long, painful recoveries that are physically painful and emotionally exhausting. Severe burn injuries can have devastating consequences and often result in permanent physical and emotional scarring as a result of the accident or injury. At Zinda Law Group, our attorneys understand the horrific pain and disfigurement that can result from a serious burn injury. We also understand the stress and trauma this will place upon you and your family. Medical treatment can be a major factor in your stress as treatment can be very expensive while your bills continue to come in even though you are unable to earn a living. We want to help you get the compensation that you deserve so that you can continue to pay your bills, receive needed treatment for your injuries, obtain your lost wages, and more. Let our experienced Personal Injury attorneys help you by calling today for a free, no obligation consultation. Let Zinda Law Group help you. Call today.