Fire kills festival worker in Scarborough Renaissance Faire
CALL (888) 988-7063 TO SPEAK WITH WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEYS FOR FREE
On Tuesday night, August 22nd, 2011, many of the Scarborough Renaissance Faire employees completed their workday and retired to their sleeping areas onsite in Waxahachie, Texas. The sleeping areas where most employees lived were little huts, essentially souvenir booths or shops on the fairgrounds.
However, a fire broke out Tuesday night, killing William Ross, an employee who was also known as the ‘Pickle Man,’ because he always entertained adults and children while selling pickles at the Renaissance Faire. Mr. Ross fell asleep before the fire started, according to the Dallas Morning News. The fire spread rapidly, destroying several buildings and shops along the 35-acre property located on FM66.
Six Fire Departments were called to the scene in an attempt to control the fire. However, not before it took the life of William Ross, who leaves behind his wife and four children.
If you or a loved one has been severely burned, injured, or killed as the result of a fire, gas explosion, or propane explosion please contact an Austin and Round Rock wrongful death attorney andAustin and Round Rock personal injury attorney who can help you understand your legal rights and options.