If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a pedestrian accident caused by a negligent driver in Corpus Christi, you need strong legal advocates on your side. Having an accomplished Corpus Christi pedestrian accident attorney can help maximize the potential value of injury and wrongful death claims.
At Zinda Law Group, our experienced personal injury lawyers have a proven track record of securing maximum compensation for catastrophically injured pedestrians and grieving families. Let us review the details of your accident and discuss your options for pursuing damages.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Corpus Christi
While each pedestrian crash involves unique factors, some common causes include:
- Speeding drivers who cannot stop in time when pedestrians enter roadways
- Distracted driving resulting from cell phone use, adjusting music, eating while driving, and more
- Drivers disregarding traffic control devices and right-of-way laws
- Poor visibility conditions like fog, rain, darkness or sun glare
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol, drugs or intoxicating substances
- Fatigued or drowsy driving that slows reaction times
- Aggressive behaviors like weaving, tailgating, improper passing, and ignoring signs/signals
No matter why the collision happened, the knowledgeable Corpus Christi pedestrian accident lawyers at Zinda Law Group can help. We know how to establish liability, force accountability, and get injured pedestrians and grieving loved ones fair and full financial recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Corpus Christi, call 800-863-5312
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Because pedestrians lack the protection of a vehicle, impacts with cars, trucks, and SUVs often cause catastrophic injuries. Some frequent pedestrian collision injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage, including paralysis
- Amputated limbs
- Severe broken bones and fractures
- Damaged internal organs and internal bleeding
- Neck and back injuries like herniated discs
- Lacerations, abrasions, and road rash
- Wrongful death
The skilled pedestrian accident lawyers at Zinda Law Group have firsthand seen the damage these crashes cause by representing injury victims. We are committed to helping our clients pursue maximum compensation for their losses.
Pedestrian Accident in Corpus Christi lawyers near me 800-863-5312
Recovering Pedestrian Accident Damages
Suppose you or a loved one has suffered catastrophic injuries or wrongful death after being struck by a negligent motorist in Corpus Christi. In that case, you may be entitled to obtain damages including:
- All past and future medical costs related to pedestrian accident injuries
- Income lost from missed work during recovery
- Loss of future earning capacity if disabilities impact employability
- Property losses if any personal items were damaged or destroyed
- Long-term care expenses
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Wrongful death losses like funeral costs and loss of companionship, if applicable
- Potential punitive damages in cases involving gross negligence, such as drunk driving
With the help of an accomplished Corpus Christi pedestrian accident attorney, injury victims can build strong legal claims designed to recover full and fair compensation. The legal team at Zinda Law Group has successfully handled numerous catastrophic injury and fatal pedestrian accident cases, resulting in substantial settlements and verdicts.
Why Hire Zinda Law Group For Your Pedestrian Accident Claim?
The Corpus Christi pedestrian accident lawyers at Zinda Law Group have the necessary skills, experience, and unwavering commitment to clients to take on large insurance companies and corporations. We are proud to offer:
- National recognition as a top-rated personal injury firm
- Free consultations and second opinions on potential pedestrian accident cases
- No upfront fees whatsoever unless we win your case
- 24/7 availability to answer questions and provide case updates
- A team of elite trial lawyers prepared to file lawsuits when necessary
Trust in the award-winning pedestrian accident attorneys at Zinda Law Group to fight for you. Contact us for a 100% free case evaluation today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What To Do After Being In A Pedestrian Accident In Corpus Christi, Texas
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Attorneys
If you or someone close to you suffered severe injuries or wrongful death after being struck by a vehicle as a pedestrian in Corpus Christi, take the first step toward financial recovery and justice by contacting a Texas pedestrian accident lawyer from the accomplished legal team at Zinda Law Group for dedicated representation. We offer free evaluations of pedestrian accident cases. Call today at (800) 863-5312 to get started.
Act Quickly to Document the Scene
Proper documentation of the accident location, weather conditions, markings, signals, vegetation or structures impacting visibility, and all other physical evidence is critical. Take photographs, obtain witness contact information, and save police reports. Evidence often disappears if you do not act fast to preserve it. This information helps prove liability.
Seek Medical Care ASAP After the Crash
It is vital to get evaluated by a doctor immediately after any pedestrian accident, even if you do not believe you suffered serious injuries at first. Many severe injuries like concussions or spinal damage have delayed onset. Prompt medical documentation also avoids insurance disputes over whether crash injuries are real.
Do Not Provide Recorded Statements
Insurance carriers may try to take recorded statements from injured pedestrians to gain information to minimize claims. Politely refuse to provide an official statement until you have legal representation, as what you say can harm your case later.
Pedestrian Errors Can Reduce Claims
While drivers have a duty of care toward pedestrians, any negligence, like jaywalking or ignoring signals on the pedestrian’s part, can reduce injury claim values under Texas’ modified comparative fault rules. Skilled attorneys know how to minimize the impact of pedestrian negligence.
What is the Deadline to File a Pedestrian Injury Lawsuit?
In Texas, pedestrians normally have two years from the date of their accident to take legal action, or claims may be barred. However, some exceptions, like cases involving minors, may extend this. An attorney can advise you on the statute of limitations for your specific pedestrian accident case.
Contact Our Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Today
If you or someone close to you was injured as a pedestrian in Corpus Christi, the legal team at Zinda Law Group may be able to help. Contact our experienced pedestrian accident lawyers today at 800-863-5312 for a free case evaluation.