John C. (Jack) Zinda
Jack Zinda is the founder and lead trial attorney of Zinda Law Group. He focuses his practice on catastrophic personal injury, 18-wheeler accidents, wrongful death, traumatic brain injury, gas explosions, and other complex litigation.
Jack has served as lead counsel on numerous wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases. These have typically been against dangerous truck drivers, drunk drivers, corporations that manufacture dangerous products, and employers who have created unsafe work environments.
As a trial attorney, Jack takes tremendous pride in giving a voice to people and families who need help battling powerful adversaries. He also knows the importance of communicating with his clients. He ensures that they are regularly kept up to date on the progress of their case and that their needs are always put first.
Jack has been recognized nationally by such prestigious law organizations as the National Trial Lawyers Association (Top 40 Under 40, 2012 & 2013), the highest designation from online law directory AVVO Corporation (“Superb” rating for 2012-2016), Super Lawyers, a publication of Thomson Reuters Corporation (Texas Rising Star for 2009, 2011-2019) and is a lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
A native Texan, Jack graduated with a bachelor’s degree in business and political science from Southwestern University, where he distinguished himself as president of the Interfraternal Council and as a member of the Student Congress, the Student Judiciary, Phi Delta Theta, and the Pirates basketball team.
Jack went on to earn his juris doctorate from the prestigious Baylor University School of Law, which is perennially ranked as one of the top law schools for trial advocacy in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. While there, he was one of the finalists in the Bob and Karen Wortham Practice Court Competition.
Over the years, Jack has earned a reputation as a thought leader in the legal industry, and he has been featured as a speaker by the Brain Injury Association of Texas, the Williamson County Bar Association, and Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
Jack has also benefited his professional community as president of the Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association, as a member of the board of directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and as a member of the American Association for Justice, the Texas Bar Association, the Austin Bar Association, and WCBA.
In all his endeavors, Jack is blessed with the love and encouragement of his wife, Melissa, and he takes tremendous pride in their two sons.
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D.
- Southwestern University
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Wrongful Deaths
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Gas Explosions
- Oilfield Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Automobile Accidents
- Dog Bite
- Premises Liability
- Burn Injury
- Defective Products
- Supreme Court of Texas
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of Colorado
- State Bar of New Mexico
- American Association for Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA), Board of Advocates Chair, Board of Directors Member
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association (CATLA), President 2015-2016, Executive Committee Member
- American Association for Justice Interstate Trucking Litigation Group
- American Association for Justice Brain Injury Litigation Group
- Trial Advocates College of Texas
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- El Paso County Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyers in Texas, National Trial Lawyers Assoc: 2012 – 2013
- Super Lawyers, a publication of Thomson Reuters Corporation, Texas Rising Star: 2009, 2011 – 2019
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
- 10 Best Under 40, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2016
- Clients Choice Award, AVVO Corporation: 2013-2016
- The National Trial Lawyers' Trucking Trial Lawyers Association - Top 10, State of Texas (2016)
- The National Trial Lawyers' National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association - Top 25, State of Texas (2016)
Publications & Presentations
- Investigations: Tactics and Techniques That Can Make or Break Your Case - CATLA, 2019
- Handling your First Wrongful Death Case - Williamson County Bar, 2018
- How to Calculate Damages for Wrongful Death Claims - ProLaw CLE, 2018
- Common Legal Issues Facing People with T.B.I. – Brain Injury Association of Texas – 24th Annual Conference
- Texas Automobile Insurance Policy – Williamson County Bar Association – SPRING CLE, 2010
- Common Legal Issues for persons with Brain Injuries – Brain Injury of Texas Annual Meeting – 2011
- Speaker’s Bureau – Mothers’ Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
- Jack was featured on episode 26 of the Trial Lawyer Nation Podcast hosted by Michael Cowen.
“There ARE Some Really Honest, Helpful Lawyers!”
“Over the past six years Jack has helped my husband and I with several legal matters. Dealing with insurance companies can be a nightmare. Jack and his firm cut through all of the red tape and we were able to receive an equitable settlement for an automobile accident that paid our medical bills and gave us some breathing room financially. He also helped us navigate the murky waters of a civil lawsuit dealing with some family property. We have trust his ethics and have never had a phone call go unanswered. Jack was empathetic and professional. I have recommended him to friends and coworkers and wouldn’t hesitate to call him again for any legal issues that occur.”
– Former Client
“Caring And Passionate There For The Tears And Heartache”
“Over the past 3 years, Jack and the staff of Zinda Law Group, became part of my family and my life. The care and passion that they showed (expressed) to me and my husband was like no other. Jack was an attorney that was there for the tears and heartache. Jack always had a positive word or expression and Jenni his paralegal is a God Send.”
– Former Client
“My Experience with Jack was Amazing!”
“My experience with Jack Zinda was amazing! He and his staff kept me informed about dealing with the insurance company for the other driver- I would have been at a loss to do it myself. Right through to the settlement of my case, I felt I had the advice I needed to make good decisions. There was more than 100% effort made on my behalf. I hope I am never in another accident, but if it happens again – I wouldn’t go anywhere else and I recommend them to others. I can’t even say how I appreciate their help.”
– Former Client