Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Click on a category to scroll to that sections questions:
- What Exactly is a Personal Injury Case?
- What Does Negligence Mean for My Personal Injury?
- How Do I Know if I Have a Personal Injury Case?
- What Should I Do with Medical Bills While My Personal Injury Case is in Process?
- Do I Have Other Options for Getting medical Bills Covered in the Meantime?
- What is the Most Important Thing for Me to Do After My Injury?
- How Long Do I Have to File My Personal Injury Case?
- What does it mean to file suit, and why do we do it in a personal injury case?
- How long will my personal injury case take?
- How Much Will I Get From My Personal Injury Case?
- Will My Personal Injury Case Go to Court?
- What Factors Determine How Much My Personal Injury Case is Worth?
- What if No One is at Fault for My Personal Injury?
- Am I Partially at Fault for My Pedestrian Accident?
- What Factors Determine How Much I can Recover from My Pedestrain Accident Case?
- What is a Catastrophic Personal Injury?
- Can I Collect Worker's Compensation for My Personal Injury?
- How Do I Know if I Have a Pedestrian Accident Case?
- Can I still pursue compensation if I was partially at fault for my injuries?
- Who can be held liable for a catastrophic injury?
- How do judges and juries determine the value of economic loss in a personal injury case?
- How Long Do I Have to File My Pedestrian Accident Case?
- What is the Difference Between Compensatory and Punitive Damages, and Which Can I Get?
- What Happens if I was Injured in a Hazardous Work Environment?
- Will the Doctors, Hospitals, and Other Medical Facilities Wait for Payment if I'm Unable to Pay My Bills as They Occur?
Hiring an Attorney
- When Should I Call a Lawyer for a Personal Injury Case?
- Do I Need an Attorney or Should I Try to Handle My Personal Injury Case on My Own?
- What Will Hiring an Attorney Do for My Personal Injury Case?
- What is the Likelihood that My Case will Go to Trial?
- Does It Really Matter What Type of Attorney I Hire for My Personal Injury Case?
- Why Do I Need a Trial Lawyer for My Personal Injury Case?
- How Do I Know if I Have a Case from My Car Accident?
- What Should I Do if I'm Hurt in an Accident?
- Am I Partially at Fault for My Car Accident?
- How Are Rideshare Car Accidents Different?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Case After My Car Accident?
- What Factors Determine How Much I Can Recover From My Car Accident Case?
- When My Auto Accident Case is Settled, is the Settlement Check Made out to Me or My Attorney?
- How Are Cases of Wrongful Death Handled?
- How is a Wrongful Death Case Different from a Personal Injury?
- Why Shouldn't I Deal with Insurance Companies on My Own?
- Should I Give the Insurance Company a Recorded Statement?
- What if Both Parties have the Same Insurance Provider in My Personal Injury Case?
- The Insurance Company Wants Me to Sign a Medical Authorization, Should I Do That?
- The Insurance Company Wants to Send Someone to My House to Write Me a Check and Settle My Case, Should I Accept the Money?
- Why Won't the Insurance Company or Person Who Caused My Injuries Automatically Pay My Medical Bills as They Occur?
- Is it Necessary to Sign a Release to get Compensation or Payment from the Insurance Company?
- How Does an Insurance Company Determine a Settlement Amount for a Personal Injury Claim?