Riding a bike is a relaxing, joyful pastime for many people. This is especially true in a beautiful and vibrant city like Santa Fe. However, even the most peaceful activities can quickly become chaotic when an accident occurs.
In the worst-case scenario, where a bicycle crash causes injuries, having an experienced Santa Fe bicycle accident lawyer fighting for you and protecting your rights is in your best interest. This is the most efficient way to deal with insurance companies, and it may increase your ability to recover the maximum amount of compensation you may be entitled to. Our personal injury lawyers in Santa Fe at Zinda Law Group can help you build a strong case.
Common Bicycle Crash Injuries in Santa Fe
After a bike crash, you could have suffered severe injuries. Some of the most common injuries in bicycle crashes include:
- Broken bones
- Cuts and scrapes
- Spinal injuries
- Neck injuries or whiplash
- Skull fractures or brain injuries
- Shock and emotional trauma
- Internal bleeding
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Santa Fe, call 800-863-5312
What to Do After a Bike Accident
As a bicyclist, there are three essential actions you need to take after you’ve been in a Santa Fe bicycle collision. Here are the actions you need to take:
- Medical attention: You must seek medical attention and visit an emergency room or doctor. Internal injuries may not be outwardly apparent, even if visible injuries seem minor. If you’re considering legal compensation, official medical records of injuries and treatment are vital for filing a claim.
- Call the police: After a bike or any crash, you should call the police to create an official report. Honest communication with the police about the accident, injuries, and related information is important.
- Document the scene yourself: While the police will document relevant information, it’s beneficial to document the scene independently. Take photos of the crash area, bike damage, and your immediate injuries. Jot down memorable details about the incident to make sure you have a comprehensive record.
Bicycle Accident in Santa Fe lawyers near me 800-863-5312
Zinda Law Group’s Bicycle Accident Lawyers Can Help You Recover Damages
You have the right to recover compensation after a bike accident due to someone else’s negligence. Our team of Santa Fe bicycle collision attorneys can help you recover the following damages:
- Medical expenses: Reimbursement for medical bills, hospital stays, surgeries, medication, and other medical costs tied to treating your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for the physical discomfort and emotional strain resulting from the crash, including distress, unease, and diminished quality of life.
- Lost earnings: Restitution for income lost due to time away from work for medical care and recovery.
- Property damage: Recovery for repairing or replacing your bicycle and any other property harmed during the incident.
You can find out what additional compensation you qualify for in a free case evaluation.
Settlements We’ve Won for Our Clients
In our 15 years of experience, we’ve helped about 10,800 clients and recovered over $210,000,000 in settlements and financial awards. Here are some of the settlements we’ve won:
- Motor vehicle accident: $1,530,000 settlement within 8 months
- Wrongful death: $1,500,000 recovery within 14 months
- Truck accident: $7,723,000 settlement within 19 months
Remember that every case is different, so the amount we could recover for you will differ from our previous case results.
How to File a Bicycle Accident Claim
Filing a personal injury claim after a bike accident is the key to recovering the compensation you need. Here are the steps you should take when filing your claim:
Speak With an Attorney
Having an attorney when you file a claim in a bicycle accident case is not required. But it can help to have a Santa Fe bicycle accident lawyer to help with the legal process and the insurance companies involved. Our attorneys have extensive experience dealing with bike accident claims.
After deciding to pursue legal action, we’ll do an investigation. An investigation aims to get the details on what happened, who was involved, what injuries occurred, and any other relevant factors that could affect how much compensation you may seek.
File Within the Statute of Limitations
Under New Mexico law, a bicyclist seeking financial compensation after a personal injury accident has three years to file a claim. Each state has similar laws surrounding the permissible time limit to file a claim.
This is known as the statute of limitations and is very important. Failure to bring a claim within the time frame could ultimately result in your inability to file a claim.
Legal claims often require a lengthy negotiation process. The negligent party may reach out to your attorney with a settlement offer. Parties often settle lawsuits before they go to trial so that no one has to deal with the court process and the risk of losing in front of a jury.
Most cases settle. However, initial settlement offers usually aren’t adequate. Therefore, our attorney may advise you on whether or not to accept an offer or negotiate further.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Bicycle Accident Statistics in New Mexico
According to The New Mexico Department of Transportation Traffic Report for 2020, there were 266 bicycle accidents. And about 105 of the accidents had suspected minor injuries, and there were only 8 fatal crashes.
About 72% of the accidents occurred in the daytime, whereas 11% happened at night. The most common causes of bicycle accidents in New Mexico are failure to yield and driver inattention from negligent drivers.
How Our Law Firm Can Help You After Your Bicycle Accident in Santa Fe
Our Santa Fe bicycle accident attorneys have 15 years of experience dealing with bicycle crash claims in Santa Fe and can help you with various legal tasks. Our firm can aid in investigating your claim, calculating damages, speaking with the responsible party and their representatives, and settlement negotiations.
Most legal claims resolve through settlement offers. This is where the other party or insurance offers a recovering victim a certain amount of money to resolve the dispute and avoid going to trial. However, if the settlement offers extended to you are inadequate, an attorney may advise you on the potential benefits or risks of trialing your claim.
Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation After a Santa Fe Bicycle Crash
At Zinda Law Group, we take on fewer cases so we can win big for your case and spend the time we need to build a successful bicycle accident case. Contact our Santa Fe bicycle accident lawyers today to get a free consultation.