Drunk driving affects countless individuals across Scottsdale and Arizona each year. If you or a loved one has been injured by a drunk driver, you need strong legal representation on your side. A Scottsdale drunk driving accident lawyer can help you understand your options and fight for maximum compensation.
At Zinda Law Group, our experienced attorneys have helped numerous drunk driving accident victims get justice. We know this is an emotional and stressful time, which is why we take an aggressive yet compassionate approach to every case. If you’ve been impacted by a drunk driver’s reckless actions, contact our Scottsdale personal injury lawyer for dedicated legal representation.
Drunk Driving Statistics in Scottsdale
While progress has been made over the years to reduce drunk driving, it remains a persistent problem on Scottsdale and Arizona roads. Consider the following key statistics:
- In 2020, there were over 1,100 alcohol-related crashes in Arizona. Of those, nearly 700 resulted in injuries, and 33 were fatal.
- DUI arrests account for around 25% of all arrests made each year by the Scottsdale Police Department.
- Approximately 30% of traffic crash fatalities in Arizona involve alcohol.
These alarming figures demonstrate how prevalent drunk driving accidents are in our community. An experienced Scottsdale drunk driving accident lawyer can help you after being impacted by this dangerous behavior.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Scottsdale, call 800-863-5312
Common Injuries Sustained in Drunk Driving Accidents
Drunk driving accidents often result in more serious injuries. Intoxicated drivers are less likely to take evasive actions that can minimize damage from an accident.
Some of the common injuries occurring in drunk driving accidents can include but are not to:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal injuries that can include slipped and ruptured discs
- Organ damage, most commonly the kidneys, spleen, and lungs
- Broken bones and crushed limbs
- Soft tissue injuries can include torn and stretched ligaments in the neck, shoulders, and back
Occasionally, a vehicle can catch on fire after a drunk driving crash, resulting in serious burns that can result in scarring, emotional trauma, and even permanent disfiguration.
Drunk Driving Accident in Scottsdale lawyers near me 800-863-5312
Damages Available After a Drunk Driving Crash
If you have been in an accident that was caused by an impaired driver, that can result in significant damages. With the help of a knowledgeable attorney, you may be able to recover compensation for your:
- Medical expenses: Bills for hospitalization, surgery, rehabilitation, prescriptions, and other care relating to your injuries.
- Lost income: Wages you lost from missing work during your recovery.
- Property damage: Repairs or replacement for your damaged vehicle or other personal property.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for the physical pain caused by your injuries.
- Emotional distress: Payment for suffering such as depression or anxiety.
- Loss of enjoyment: Compensation for loss of life’s pleasures like hobbies.
- Punitive damages: These are extra monetary damages intended to punish the drunk driver.
You may also be eligible to receive compensation for exemplary damages. This type of compensation is designed to punish the at-fault party for causing the accident and helps deter the defendant from repeating their actions.
Exemplary damages are typically only awarded by the court when evidence of malice, fraud, or gross negligence is proven in a case. Your Scottsdale attorney will review your case to see if it qualifies for exemplary damage compensation.
Because collecting these damages can be complex, a law firm familiar with drunk driving cases can handle the negotiations as well as the litigation to get you your deserved compensation.
Who Can Recover Damages In a Drunk Driving Accident in Scottsdale?
Anyone injured in a drunk driving accident can file a claim to receive compensation for their injuries and property damage. This includes the following:
- Anyone who sustained property damage as a result of the accident
You may also be able to file a claim against the at-fault driver if your loved one was injured or killed in the drunk driving accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Hire a Scottsdale Drunk Driving Accident Attorney?
Handling a drunk driving accident claim on your own without legal experience can put you at a major disadvantage. Our drunk driving victim lawyers level the playing field for you. Here’s how we can help:
We know DUI accident laws. The legal system is complex, but we understand the intricacies of drunk driving cases from our legal experience.
We’ll conduct a thorough investigation. We’ll collect all police reports, speak with witnesses, hire expert accident analysts, and gather other evidence.
We’ll negotiate aggressively with insurance companies on your behalf. We’ll deal with insurance companies and push for full and fair compensation.
We are prepared to go to court if necessary. If a settlement can’t be reached, we have the trial experience to advocate for you in court and get you the compensation you deserve.
Having an accomplished Scottsdale drunk driving accident lawyer makes the difference in getting the maximum recovery for your case.
Scottsdale Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers Offer a Free Consultation
At Zinda Law Group, we provide a free attorney consultation to discuss the details of your case. This is an opportunity to:
- Review what happened in your accident
- Assess potential damages
- Learn about your legal options
- Discuss our track record of success with similar cases
We will provide honest answers to all your questions during the consultation. There are never any obligations or fees unless we win your case.
Contact a Scottsdale Drunk Driving Accident Attorney Today
Don’t go through this difficult process alone. With an elite drunk driving accident law firm representing you, justice is within reach. Zinda Law Group can help you move forward after being impacted by a drunk driver’s poor choices. Call our Scottsdale office today at (800) 863-5312 for your free consultation with an experienced drunk driving accident lawyer.