Are you interested in being part of a great law firm, having excellent mentorship, and making a difference every day in people’s lives? Our firm is looking for an ambitious legal assistant.
Firm Philosophy: We treat everyone with dignity and respect. It is our firm belief that every member of our team is valuable and should have the opportunity for a financially and personally fulfilling career. Everyone who works here goes home at the end of the day knowing they have done a great job for our Clients and have made a positive contribution to the lives of others. Our law firm is a great place to work.
Position Summary: Rapidly growing Austin law firm is looking for a top notch legal assistant, who under supervision, will provide administrative/secretarial support for the Legal staff. Working under the direction of an attorney, this position also conducts fact-finding interviews with prospective clients to determine if the potential case falls within the scope of our practice areas.
- Entry Level Legal Work:
- Assist with incoming and outgoing mail distribution;
- File pleadings;
- Carry pleadings to courthouse;
- Minor drafting and sending correspondence;
- File Clerk:
- Maintain complex filing system;
- E-filing and hard filing of documents;
- Client Intakes:
- Monitor all inbound marketing lead sources and call potential clients as soon as possible;
- Handle incoming phone calls from prospective clients;
- Collect appropriate information and provide concise summary both written and verbal;
- Input appropriate data into CRM system.
- Backup Receptionist:
- Assist with front desk duties whenever the receptionist is out;
- College degree required;
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment;
- Great on the phone;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Ability to think logically;
- Outgoing and looking forward to working as part of a team;
- Very organized, with high attention to detail;
- Reliable transportation;
- Trustworthy, exercising confidentiality in all situations;
- Dedication and willingness to assist with a variety of tasks;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Strong multi-tasking skills;
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs;
- Great attitude;
- Previous work in a law firm a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
• Salary CME;
• Vacation Leave;
• Personal Leave;
• IRA Plan with Generous Company Contribution Match;
• Medical Insurance;
• Discretionary Holiday Bonuses;
• Excellent Working Environment;
• Top-Notch Software and Systems that Work Efficiently and Consistently;
• Opportunities for On-Going Training and Mentoring by Our Outstanding Team;
• Opportunities to Advance and Grow in the Company.