Firm Philosophy: We treat everyone with dignity and respect. It is our firm belief that every member of our team is valuable and should have the opportunity for a financially and personally fulfilling career. Everyone who works here goes home at the end of the day knowing they have done a great job for our Clients and have made a positive contribution to the lives of others. Our law firm is a great place to work.
Position Summary: Responsible for maintaining a very busy law firm's case records though codes, files, and ensures systems are well organized. The file clerk will develop and maintain organized file systems; create, process and maintain file records; file and retrieve documents for attorneys and paralegals; and prepare records for proper storage. File clerks may also maintain file room logs that track the location of files throughout the firm and dispose of files in accordance with established document retention policies.
Working as a file clerk requires strong organization and communication skills. Attention to detail is extremely important. File clerks may be required to perform occasional heavy lifting of file boxes and documents.
File records away in alphabetical or numerical order.
- Use scanners to convert forms and reports into electronic format.
- Ensure no materials in file are lost.
- Be able to explain filing system to others.
- Work with electronic storage media
- Process and scan files to be entered into a digital database.
- Clean and maintain file space.
- Manage all databases and records.
- Purge old files.
- Create new entries as needed.
- Log all files that removed.
- Fax and photocopy files.
- Delivering documents between locations is the main duty of a law firm runner. If several deliveries are on the route, the runner prioritizes them based on the instructions received. Obtaining delivery verification signatures is an important duty.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Ability and experience working with: MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook; Computer Databases
- Technology Savvy
- Must have a neat appearance
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong Multi-Task Skills
- Very Efficient
- Interest in working with people and interacting with client
- Outgoing personality
- Can handle a fast paced environment without becoming stressed
- College graduate
- Aspiring legal assistant or paralegal
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary COE
- Vacation Leave
- Personal Leave
- IRA Plan with Generous Company Contribution Match
- Medical Insurance
- Discretionary Holiday Bonuses
- Excellent Working Environment
- Top-Notch Software and Systems that Work Efficiently and Consistently
- Opportunities for On-Going Training and Mentoring by Our Outstanding Team
- Opportunities to advance within firm