Personal Injury Lawyers in Chandler
CALL (888) 659-9392 TO SPEAK WITH Chandler PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS FOR FREE
Every year, thousands of people are injured as a result of a motor vehicle accident, a slip and fall injury or medical malpractice. When individuals become a victim of an injury due to someone else’s negligence, they can file a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party. Personal injury compensation awards are given to victims to cover the costs of their medical treatment or to reimburse them for lost wages.
Compensation in Chandler Personal Injury Suits
Many people are injured when business owners, employers or healthcare providers fail to protect them from harm. Employees may apply for workers’ compensation when they become injured on the job. Often times, these claims are denied for a variety of reasons, even when their claim is valid. When this happens, the employee can bring a lawsuit against the employer or the workers’ compensation insurance carrier to recover damages. Victims can obtain compensatory damages, which cover the following:
• All past, present and future medical expenses, including rehabilitative treatment
• Lost income when they are unable to return to work because of their injury
• Permanent disfigurement or disabling condition
• Loss of consortium when they are unable to benefit from a relationship, such as having marital relations with their spouse
• Loss of enjoying life due to factors such as depression or post-traumatic stress disorder
• Pain and suffering, including mental anguish, panic or anxiety attacks
• The cost for lost property, such as vehicles, laptops and cell phones
In certain cases, the plaintiff may seek to recover punitive damages. These are generally awarded when the conduct of the defendant was willful or demonstrated recklessness. Juries often award these as a way to punish the defendant for their misconduct and send a message to others that this type of conduct will have consequences.
Why You Need an Experienced Chandler Personal Injury Lawyer
People are often surprised to learn that litigation may take a long time before a settlement is reached. Most personal injury lawsuits never go to trial, however, it is extremely important to gather evidence that can be used against the defendant and strengthen your case. The Arizona personal injury attorneys at Zinda Law Group are very experienced at what constitutes a valid claim. They can examine the facts of your case and make a recommendation as to how you should proceed. Contact Zinda Law Group today and find out how we can be of assistance with your personal injury claim.
Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.