Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in College Station, TexasLast updated on: May 14, 2022
CALL (800) 863-5312 TODAY TO SPEAK WITH ONE OF OUR EXPERIENCED COLLEGE STATION MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS FOR FREE
There are so many benefits to riding a motorcycle down the streets of College Station. You can get some fresh air and admire the many attractions the city has to offer. However, in addition to these benefits, there are also many risks. In fact, according to the Texas Department of Transportation, one motorcyclist dies in a crash on Texas roads every day. If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle accident, our College Station motorcycle accident lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers have helped numerous individuals recover compensation so that they can move on with their lives physically, emotionally, and financially. To schedule your 100% free case consultation, call us today at (800) 863-5312,
COLLEGE STATION MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT FAQ’S
If you or a loved one have been in a motorcycle accident or you want to be prepared in the event you are involved in one, you probably have a lot of questions running through your mind. Below we have answered a few of the most common questions faced by our College Station motorcycle accident lawyers. Keep in mind that our personal injury lawyers can address many of your other concerns during your free consultation.
What are the Common Causes of College Station Motorcycle Accidents?
There are many different causes of motorcycle accidents, but unfortunately, most of them involve negligence or recklessness on the part of the vehicle drivers on the road. In other words, you can still risk injury no matter how careful you are on your bike.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Cars Making Left-Hand Turns: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the most common cause of motorcycle accidents is drivers making left-hand turns and striking oncoming or passing motorcycles in intersections. Whether it is because of distraction, impatience, or lack of awareness, it is extremely common and can be extremely dangerous.
- Changing Lanes: The second most common cause of motorcycle accidents is vehicle drivers failing to do a head check for motorcycles before changing lanes. Whereas other vehicles or trucks may show up in their mirrors, motorcycles can sometimes linger in their blind spots which is why it is so important for drivers to do a head check as well. Unfortunately, whether it’s because of inexperience or laziness, many drivers do not and ultimately cause dangerous or even fatal motorcycle accidents.
- Tailing Too Closely: If you are an avid motorcyclist, then you knowhow common it is for drivers to follow a motorcycle too closely. Unfortunately, it is a common occurrence. When a driver is following a vehicle too closely, it can cause a fender bender, but the consequences for a motorcyclist are much more severe. Many rear-end collisions can be devastating or even fatal.
- Collisions with Fixed Objects: Every year hundreds of motorcyclists are injured \in collisions with fixed objects, such as trees or fences. This happens for many reasons, ranging from rain-slicked roads to attempting to avoid a crash with another vehicle.
- Road Hazards: Motorcyclists know that they have to be alert at all times while on their bikes and have to watch out for negligent drivers on the road. However, bikers may not notice certain road hazards, such as potholes or gravel on the pavement. Whereas a car may not be impacted by these hazards, motorcycles are less stable and can crash when the driver unknowingly rides over a hazard.
- Dangerous Behaviors: Whether it is the biker or other vehicle drivers on the road, engaging in dangerous behavior like drunk driving or distracted driving can be extremely dangerous and causes many fatal accidents each year. Other types of dangerous behaviors include drug-impaired driving, drowsy driving, driving aggressively, and not wearing a helmet.
Even if the cause of your accident is not on this list, don’t let that stop you from calling Zinda Law Group today. Our personal injury attorneys can listen to your story and assess your case for legal claims.
What Kind of Injuries Do College Station Motorcycle Accidents Cause?
Every accident is different, but some of the most common injuries sustained in College Station motorcycle accidents are:
- Head Injuries and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Fractures and Broken Bones
- Neck and Spine Injuries
- Road Rash
- Internal Bleeding
- Broken Ribs
- Emotional Distress
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
How Often do Motorcycle Accidents Occur in Texas?
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), 519 motorcyclists died in motor vehicle crashes in 2021. This was a 7% increase from the previous year. On average, at least one Texan biker dies every day in vehicle crashes. These statistics are unsettling and seem to be getting worse every year.
Are There Legal Remedies for College Station Motorcycle Accident Victims?
Yes, Texas law protects motorcycle victims as well as car accident victims. The person who is at fault for the accident is responsible for paying you for your injuries, usually through their insurance company. In order to get paid, however, you will need to be able to make a case for negligence.
To prove negligence you will need to show that the person at fault failed to exercise a level of care that a reasonable person would have in that situation. You may not need to actually prove negligence in court because many of these kinds of cases resolve through settlement agreements. Still, you do need to have a plausible claim in order to successfully negotiate. If you want to learn more about what kind of remedies you may be entitled to, call one of our College Station motorcycle accident lawyers today.
Read More: What is negligence?
What Happens in a Texas Motorcycle Accident Claim? Free Consultation with a Texas Motorcycle Accident Attorney
First, our motorcycle accident attorneys can help you with any immediate concerns you may have. For example, we can help you get the appropriate medical attention that you need and can help you file a claim to repair or replace your motorcycle. It is our job to make this aftermath process as easy as possible for you.
Investigation Next, we can investigate your accident and assess your claim. You may not know exactly what happened or who was at fault, and that is okay. Our experienced investigators can study your case and figure out who was responsible and why.
Negotiation Once we have figured out who is responsible, we can then negotiate with their insurance company. Most lawsuits settle outside of court through negotiations, which is why it is so important to have an experienced negotiator by your side like the motorcycle accident lawyers at Zinda Law Group.
Trial (If Necessary) If necessary, our lawyers can then plead and prove your case in the proper court. This process will involve a few different steps. First, we will file the complaint and then the insurance company for the other party (the defendant) will file what is called an “answer.” Then, the lawyers will engage in a process called “discovery,” which involves fact gathering and taking depositions, if necessary. Once that process is over, trial will begin and your lawyer will prove your case to the judge or jury.
Settlement or Verdict Finally, our attorneys can then help you collect your verdict or settlement. If you win at trial, then you will be collecting what is called a verdict. On the other hand, if the case resolves in negotiations, you will collect a settlement. We can work diligently to help you collect the compensation you are owed as quickly as possible.
How Much do the Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at Zinda Law Group Charge?
At Zinda Law Group, our College Station motorcycle accident lawyers understand that if you have been injured in a College Station motorcycle accident, you may also be struggling physically as well as financially. That is why our experienced lawyers offer a 100% free case consultation where you can learn more about what we may be able to do for you.
We also are dedicated to helping you financially recover, which is why we offer a No Win, No Fee Guarantee. That means that if we aren’t successful in winning your case, then you owe us nothing.
How Can Drivers Prevent Future Accidents?
It is the responsibility of all Texas residents to help keep motorcyclists on our roads safe. According to TxDOT, you should take these steps as a driver to keep the road safe:
- Be extra careful when making a left turn and always assume motorcyclists are closer than they appear. Avoid turning in front of an oncoming motorcycle.
- Pay special attention at intersections, which is where one third of motorcycle accidents take place.
- Give driving your full attention. Avoid even momentary distractions, such as changing the song or answering a call.
- Look twice when changing lanes, use a head check in addition to your mirrors, and always use your turn signal.
- Give motorcyclists room when passing them, and move to the passing lane to avoid crowding the biker’s full lane.
- Always maintain a safe following distance behind motorcyclists. When bikers use downshift instead of their brakes, there are no brake lights. If you are following too closely, you may be caught off guard.
- Slow down, obey speed limits, and drive in accordance with the road conditions.
If you are a biker yourself, the best thing you can do to avoid, or at least mitigate, injuries is to always wear a helmet. Texas law requires any person on a motorcycle under 21 years of age to wear a helmet, but no matter your age, you should always wear a helmet for safety. One of the leading causes of fatalities in motorcycle crashes is head injuries, and a helmet can make all the difference.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A COLLEGE STATION MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
If you have been injured in a College Station motorcycle accident, consider following these steps to make your road to recovery a bit easier:
1. Seek Medical Attention if Necessary
If you believe you have been hurt, seek medical attention as soon as you can after a motorcycle accident. If you were able to walk away from the scene, still consider visiting a healthcare provider. Once you do receive medical attention, be sure to comply with all of the doctors’ orders. Failing to comply with treatment can affect the validity of your claim.
2. Gather Evidence
If you are well enough to do so, start gathering evidence while you are still on the scene. Take down the name and contact information of any witnesses and, if possible, take pictures of the scene. In the days and months following the accident, you should continue to keep all related documents, such as medical bills and other out-of-pocket expenses you had to pay. Keeping all of this will help your motorcycle accident attorney prepare your case. down the road.
3. Minimize Contact with All Parties
It is likely that the insurance company for the responsible party or the party themselves may contact you following the accident. You should try to minimize your contact with them as much as possible and be careful to not make any questionable comments. The insurance company has one priority — to make a profit. Because of this, they may use language that could trick you or entice you to tell them what they want to hear. Avoiding contact with the insurance company until you have a personal injury lawyer by your side will help you escape this trap. Call Zinda Law Group
Last but not least, call Zinda Law Group to speak with one of our College Station motorcycle accident lawyers. In Texas, the statute of limitations, or the amount of time you have to file your case, is only two years. That means that from the date of the accident, you only have two years to file your claim. The earlier you call a Zinda Law Group personal injury attorney, the more time they have to investigate your case and attempt to negotiate.
Let Zinda law group help you; call (800) 863-5312 for a 100% free case consultation with one of our College Station motorcycle accident lawyers
If you or a loved one were involved in a motorcycle accident in College Station, call our experienced personal injury lawyers today. Our lawyers have helped many motorcycle accident victims recover financially so that they can get their lives back on track.
Our lawyers are compassionate, communicative, and experienced. They will fight for you and help you pursue maximum compensation while doing so. Most importantly, if our attorneys are unsuccessful in helping you financially recover, then you don’t have to pay us a penny. That is our No Win, No Fee Guarantee.
Meetings with attorneys are available by appointment only.