Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Tucson, Arizona
CALL (888) 449-1160 TO SPEAK WITH TUCSON PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS FOR FREE
When most people visit a clinic or doctor’s office, they believe that they will get the best care possible. Even though doctors, nurses and other health care providers are very skilled, many patients have been a victim of medical malpractice. Medical malpractice occurs when a health care professional does something that is outside the accepted standard of medical care. If you think that you have been a victim of medical malpractice, then you should contact a Tucson medical malpractice lawyer. You may be eligible to get compensation for your pain and suffering.
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases
- Undiagnosed heart disease: Many patients go to the emergency room because of chest pain that is caused by heart disease. If the doctor fails to diagnose heart disease and sends the patient home, then he or she will have committed medical malpractice.
- Anesthesia errors: There have been many cases where people were given too much anesthesia and suffered a serious complication or died as a result.
- Childbirth errors: Many mothers have complications during their pregnancy and are required to have C-sections. If the doctor fails to recognize pregnancy complications and delays the decision to perform a C-section, then he or she has also committed medical malpractice.
- Failure to treat appendicitis: Appendicitis is a very common complaint. It causes severe abdominal pain, and many people visit the emergency room because of this condition. In rare cases, doctors have misdiagnosed patients and sent them home. If appendicitis is not treated, then it can cause a person to go into shock and die.
- Failure to diagnose deep vein thrombosis: Deep vein thrombosis is a condition that causes blood clots in the veins of the legs. In some cases, deep vein thrombosis may be mistaken for leg cramps. If the patient is not treated and the blood clot dislodges, then he or she may develop a pulmonary embolism. Pulmonary embolisms can result in death.
- Failure to diagnose breast cancer: An abnormal lump is usually one of the first signs of breast cancer. If a woman has an abnormal lump, then she is usually required to undergo additional testing. However, the doctor has committed medical malpractice if he or she fails to order additional tests. Many patients have been required to go through many months of chemotherapy because their cancer was not caught in its early stages.
Top Signs of Medical Malpractice
1.) Your Treatment Does Not Work
The first and most obvious sign that you have been a victim of malpractice is that your treatment does not work.
2.) A Second Doctor’s Opinion Is in Conflict
Sometimes, we do not realize that medical malpractice has been an issue only in retrospect. If a new doctor seems confused that you have received a certain kind of treatment, this is a sign that something went awry during initial treatment. There might be something going on that was not fatal, but still managed to have a negative effect on your recovery.
3.) Lab Tests Only
If your doctor makes a diagnosis based only on a lab test, be very careful and ask him or her why this is the diagnosis that was correct. Make sure that you know why you are given a diagnosis, and what physical signs you are showing.
4.) Uncommon Problem with Common Side Effects
In medicine, the best solution is the most obvious one. If your doctor insists that you have something serious, and it is based off of a ‘normal’ symptom, take a moment to seriously question what is going on. A second opinion and a malpractice suit might be in order.
TRUST THE TUCSON PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS AT ZINDA LAW GROUP
At Zinda Law Group, our experienced attorneys have the knowledge and resources necessary to help you build the strongest case possible and to seek the compensation you may be entitled to.
Our firm believes that an injured victim should never have to worry about their ability to afford excellent legal representation. That is why we offer 100% free consultations, and why you pay nothing unless we achieve a favorable settlement, judgment, or verdict for your personal injury claim. That’s our No Fee Guarantee.
If you or a loved one has sustained injuries due to medical malpractice, call Zinda Law Group at (888) 449-1160 for a 100% free case evaluation with our attorneys.
Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.