How to get an Accident Report in Colorado Springs

All traffic accidents must be reported immediately in the state of Colorado. If a police officer responds to the scene, they will gather all of the relevant information from both parties. This is required by law because it is extremely important to have a detailed and official record of what happened. If you plan to file a claim with the insurance company for a wreck that you were involved in, they will ask you to obtain a copy of the official accident report.

How to get an Accident Report in Colorado Springs | ZLG

To obtain a copy of a traffic accident report written by a Colorado Springs Police Officer, use this link. This will take you to the Colorado Springs Police Department Traffic Accident Report Request. The CSPD has clearly written out instructions to complete your request. Once all of the fields are properly filled out, you will need to print and mail the completed form to the CSPD Records Release Unit (address is listed on the form). You will also need to include the proper payment for your accident report. The schedule of fees can be viewed at Enclose your payment inside the envelope, along with your report request. Payment is accepted only in the form of money order or personal check; no cash will be accepted.

It is very important to acquire a copy of this document as soon as possible. Insurance companies will need to determine that the other party was at fault, before you can be compensated for the damages suffered in the accident. The accident report will include such details as parties involved, who the officer found to be at fault, and the events that took place immediately following the accident. This firsthand account recorded by an officer is likely to be the most accurate way to determine who caused the accident.

The trial attorneys at Zinda Law Group are more than happy to set up a free consultation to discuss your legal options. Our auto accident lawyers are committed to helping you and your family and we urge you to contact Zinda Law Group as soon as possible after the accident. 719-285-6994.

Injured in a different city?

How to get a crash report in Denver

How to get a crash report in El Paso

How to get a crash report in Austin

How to get a crash report in San Antonio

How to get a crash report in Fort Worth