CALL (800) 863-5312 TO speak with a Personal injury attorney near you in Denver for free
If you have been involved in an accident, the aftermath can be a very confusing time, especially if you were seriously injured. You may be facing mounting medical bills for your injuries and additional financial burdens like the loss of income from missed work. You may be trying to get back to “normal” while trying to face an intimidating financial burden.
Fortunately, you can schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney to help you understand your legal options and help you choose your path forward, including whether you may be entitled to any compensation for your accident. If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident in Denver, you should schedule your free consultation with the Denver injury lawyers at Zinda Law Group by calling (800) 863-5312 as soon as possible. If we are not able to win your case, you will not owe us anything.
what is a free consultation?
Many personal injury lawyers in Denver may offer a free, initial consultation to accident victims and potential clients. When they work on a contingency-fee basis, you will only pay them if they are able to successfully pursue compensation for your accident. This means if they do not win your case, you will not owe them anything.
If your claim is successful, your attorney will typically receive a certain, pre-determined and agreed-upon percentage of the compensation you receive. Given this payment structure, these attorneys often offer a free consultation to speak generally with you about your accident and any potential claim you may have.
For a free legal consultation, call 800-863-5312
what to expect in your free consultation
In your free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Denver, he or she will generally not cover any specific legal questions you may have unless you have hired the lawyer to represent you. For various reasons, lawyers can generally not give legal advice to people who are not yet clients, especially given rules often mandated by the attorney’s malpractice insurance carrier. However, this initial consultation allows you and your lawyer to get to know one another before you decide whether or not you want to hire them to handle your case.
During your free consultation, your attorney may explain your legal options and help you understand whether you may have a viable claim and whether you may be entitled to any compensation for your injuries. Based on the limited facts discussed during your consultation, the attorney will discuss potential parties who may be liable for your injuries or damages. Generally, the attorney will also discuss whether he or she is willing to represent you in a potential lawsuit, provided you choose to hire them.
In other cases, the attorney may refer you to another lawyer who can better meet your needs. This might happen if the attorney feels that he or she is not currently able to take your case or may not be a good fit as your attorney.
Finally, the attorney will usually end the discussion by going over potential next steps to take in pursuing any claim you may have for compensation. Meanwhile, if the lawyer does not believe he or she is an ideal option to represent you, your consultation may focus more on providing you with general information about personal injury lawsuits, the legal process of filing a lawsuit, and examples of other cases.
what to do before your consultation
After scheduling your free consultation, you can take steps to prepare for your discussion with the lawyer, including:
- Gather any relevant evidence or documentation regarding your accident or your injuries.
- Document everything, such as by taking pictures of the accident scene, any injuries you suffered, and any vehicles or objects involved in the accident.
- Collect a copy of any police or other accident report that was created regarding your accident by law enforcement, your employer, or a business owner.
- Gather copies of your medical records for any injuries you suffered in the accident.
- Prepare a list of questions to ask the attorney during your free consultation.
what to ask during your consultation
In addition to gathering relevant records and evidence to bring to your consultation, you should also prepare a list of questions to ask the attorney. Asking these questions can help you better understand your potential claim as well as whether the attorney may be a good fit for your case. During your free consultation, you should ask the attorney about your accident, your legal options, and about how the attorney may handle such a case, using such questions as:
- Do I have a case?
- Do I need a lawyer to handle my case?
- What steps do I need to take next?
- How long will it take to settle my case?
- How do I pay my medical bills?
- What fees do you charge if I hire you?
- What expenses are taken out of my settlement in addition to your fee?
- What can I expect if I hire you to represent me?
- How many cases similar to mine have you handled?
- Will you be handling my case personally or it will be handled by another attorney in your firm?
- How long have you been handling personal injury claims?
- How many personal injury cases have you tried in court?