Settlement Reached for Client Injured After Trip & Fall
The Client: J.H.
The Case: Trip and Fall in Hardware Store
The Injuries: Fractured right wrist, injured left wrist, neck pain, and left knee pain
Case Result: Settlement reached in favor of J.H.
TRIP AND FALL AT HARDWARE STORE IN DRIPPING SPRINGS, TX
Our client, an IT Director from Dripping Springs, TX, had gone to a local home improvement store with his son to pick up supplies needed to finish building a fence on his property. After shopping around the store for a couple of minutes, our client proceeded to the front of the store with a ticket in his hand for an item he had just finished looking at. He walked through a narrow aisle with shelves of dog food. The store's staff had left three small pallets used for moving product in the walkway our client was using. As our client crossed through the aisle, he tripped over the scattered pallets, sticking both arms out to brace his fall. He suffered extensive injuries as a result of the fall, including fractures in his right wrist and left knee pain.
Our attorney argued that our client’s injuries were directly caused by the negligence of the store due to the following:
- Failing to inspect the area where our client was injured;
- Failing to direct others to inspect the area where our client was injured;
- Negligently failing to remove empty pallets from the floor in the area where our client was injured;
- Creating a dangerous condition by failing to remove empty pallets from the floor in the area where our client was injured;
- Failing to make the area where our client was injured safe;
- Failing to direct others to make the area where our client was injured safe;
- Failing to warn our client and other individuals of the empty pallets left on the floor;
- Failing to direct others to warn our client and other individuals of the empty pallets left on the floor;
- Failing to create, maintain, and/or implement safety procedures regarding the removal of empty pallets;
- Failing to create, maintain, and/or implement safety procedures regarding the placement and management of pallets in the store;
- Failing to properly supervise its employees; and
- Failing to properly train its employees.
This case settled in litigation, and our client received compensation for:
- past medical expenses;
- future medical treatment;
- future loss of earning capacity;
- mental anguish;
- pain and suffering;
- physical impairment; and
A Message from J.H.
‘ I have been working with Jason at Zinda Law for the past 1 3/4 years as they helped me through the process. Jason is amazing and has never failed to answer my questions or return my calls quickly. He is beyond doubt the perfect person to have helped me through my injuries taking away all the stress so that I could focus on healing. I would recommend Jason and his team to anyone looking to get satisfaction from an issue.'J.H.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below are some frequently asked questions related to pedestrian accident cases.
Q: How long does it take to settle a personal injury case?
A: Unfortunately, there is not a definitive answer to how long it will take to resolve a personal injury case. Be aware that multiple factors affect a case’s length and every case is unique. Some factors that may affect the time it takes to reach a settlement are:
- severity of one’s injury;
- liability disputes;
- insurance companies involved; and
- sum of money one may be entitled to for settlement.
Again, these are just a few factors that may speed up or slow down the time it takes to resolve a personal injury claim. Each case has different details that will impact the case length, which is why it is important to contact a personal injury attorney early on so that they are able to begin work on pursuing compensation for the injuries and losses one may be entitled to.
Q: What compensation may I seek?
A: If you were injured in an accident, the compensation you may be entitled to can include:
- medical expenses;
- future medical expenses;
- lost wages;
- future lost wages;
- loss of future earning capacity; and
- pain and suffering and emotional distress.
As this is not a definitive list, speak with an attorney to find out more about the compensation to which you may be entitled.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR CASE
Our attorneys can help you understand your case, talk you through the process of seeking compensation, help you establish liability, and even help you understand the estimated value of your case.
Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.