If you’ve been injured in a truck accident in Tucson or surrounding areas, you’re likely focused on medical treatment and recovery. However, dealing with the related financial fallout can add unwelcome stress if costs are high and insurance falls short.
As someone hurt through no fault of their own, it’s fair to pursue maximum reimbursement for damages from liable parties. However, questions arise around identifying responsibility and navigating the legal process effectively.
Let’s take a look at options available to truck crash victims, such as pursuing compensation claims in Tucson directly from trucking companies and commercial motor carriers.
Can I File a Direct Lawsuit Against a Trucking Company?
Yes, you can potentially sue the trucking company directly after being injured in a truck accident in Tucson or elsewhere in Arizona. Truck crashes often result from negligent actions or failures to act by the transportation company.
Some factors you should consider when thinking about filing a truck accident lawsuit:
- Common grounds to allege negligence include inadequate driver screening, training, or supervision, as well as poor vehicle maintenance practices.
- If you can show the company’s negligence directly caused your injuries and losses, you may be able to recover damages by filing a lawsuit.
- An experienced attorney can help build your case using evidence like driver logs, inspection records, personnel files, and expert testimony.
What Legal Standards Must Be Met in Truck Company Lawsuits?
To prevail in a truck accident claim against a transportation company, your attorney will need to establish:
- The truck driver owed you a duty of care on the road
- The company breached its duty through negligent actions
- The breach directly caused your accident and injuries
- Quantifiable damages resulted
Providing solid evidence for each element is key. A trucking accident lawyer in Tucson will use witness testimony, documentation, investigation results, and other tools to build a compelling argument against the trucking company and any other liable parties.
For a free legal consultation, call 800-863-5312
What Damages Might I Recover Through a Direct Trucking Company Lawsuit?
You may be able to recover extensive damages if you succeed in a direct claim against a trucking company.
A Tucson truck accident attorney can evaluate your losses to better understand your rights and avenues for seeking relief that serves both current needs and long-term security after a life-altering collision involving commercial trucks.
Potential compensation can include:
- Medical expenses from initial emergency care through long-term rehabilitation
- Lost income from missed work time now and diminished earning capacity in the future
- Property losses like damage to your vehicle
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of companionship if a family member was killed
The stakes are often very high in commercial vehicle accident claims. The trucking companies and their insurers are likely to fight your claim as the full value of your losses could reach hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars, depending on accident severity.
Transport companies often have deep pockets and teams of attorneys to protect them from liability. It’s best to have a Tucson attorney stand up for your rights against the trucking firm.
How Might the Trucking Company Defend Against My Claim?
Trucking firms and their insurers aggressively fight injury claims to avoid payouts. Possible defenses include:
- Disputing who was at fault for causing the accident
- Arguing your injuries are exaggerated or even fraudulent
- Blaming a third party like the company that loaded cargo improperly
- Claiming the truck driver was an independent contractor, not an employee
- Asserting the truck’s mechanical failure was due to inadequate maintenance by a repair shop
Anticipating these defenses and crafting counter-arguments can result in a better outcome and an improved settlement. Your Tucson truck accident attorney can help level the playing field.
Why Hire an Attorney to Sue a Trucking Company Directly?
Pursuing a truck accident claim on your own is extremely difficult, given the complex state and federal regulations governing the trucking industry. An experienced lawyer offers vital benefits:
- Knowledge of applicable laws like FMCSA safety rules
- Resources to thoroughly investigate accident causes
- Legal skills for negotiating or litigation
- Funding for case costs without draining your finances
- Objective perspective not clouded by emotion
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer in Tucson to Learn More About Your Legal Options
Suffering losses and injuries in a truck crash can derail your life. While no amount of money makes up for physical and emotional trauma, obtaining fair compensation is an important step to recovery.
With help from the personal injury attorneys of Zinda Law Group, directly suing a negligent trucking company may secure you the maximum damages the law allows so you can move forward. Contact Zinda Law Group today.