Call (800) 863-5312 to Speak with an El Paso Medical Malpractice Attorney for Free
Medical malpractice is defined as professional negligence committed by act or omission that falls below the accepted standard of medical care. Serious cases of medical malpractice can leave a patient permanently injured, or worse, lead to a wrongful death.
Most occurrences of medical malpractice are thought to involve only doctors, but medical errors can also involve nurses, anesthesiologists, pharmacists, medical technicians, and dentists. All medical practitioners must adhere to a standard of care, and when they fail to maintain that standard, they can be held liable for medical negligence.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 for a free consultation with a skilled El Paso medical malpractice lawyer.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving El Paso, call 800-863-5312
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases
There are as many areas of malpractice as there are areas of medical practice. Some common occurrences of medical malpractice include:
- Surgical errors, such as operating on the wrong body part or leaving surgical instruments inside a patient;
- Birth injuries;
- Implanting faulty medical equipment;
- Anesthesia errors;
- Unsanitary hospital conditions resulting in MERSA and staph infections;
- Failure to admit a medical emergency;
- Vaccination injuries; and
- Extracting the wrong tooth or teeth.
El Paso Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me 800-863-5312
Medical Malpractice and Birth Injuries
Many times, a birth injury is caused by medical negligence or improper medical care at the time of delivery. In fact, many newborns sustain numerous types of injuries during birth that vary in severity.
Birth injury lawyers file lawsuits for a wide variety of medical malpractice injuries, including facial paralysis, cerebral palsy, skull fracture, brain damage, and fractured bones.
Click to contact our Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Texas today
Medical Malpractice and Drug Injuries
Drug injuries can include being prescribed the wrong medications, wrong dosages of medications, or even medications that have interfered with you due to other health and body-related issues.
When a doctor prescribes medication, it is their responsibility as professionals to truly understand how your body works and to consider possible conflicts with medication. It is the responsibility of a physician to understand how to properly prescribe medications in all scenarios, regardless of preexisting conditions or ailments that may cause allergic reactions in medicines.
Read More: Pharmacy Malpractice Lawyers
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Medical Malpractice and Transvaginal Mesh Injury
Experiencing an injury from a transvaginal mesh implant can be a painful experience for any woman. Everyday activities can become unbearable. Urination, sexual intercourse, and exercise can also become extremely painful.
Transvaginal mesh has the ability to corrode the vaginal wall, and this causes women to be uncomfortable on a daily basis. If you have received a transvaginal mesh implant and are experiencing daily discomfort, then you should get in touch with an El Paso medical malpractice lawyer who can help you.
Statute of Limitations
Most states provide a limited period of time in which you can file a claim for medical malpractice. This time limitation is called the statute of limitations.
In the state of Texas, the statute of limitations requires a claim for medical malpractice be filed within two years of the completion of treatment. Additionally, children that are harmed when they are under the age of 12 must file a claim by their 14th birthday or be barred from filing a claim for their injuries.
Our El Paso Medical Malpractice Lawyers Can Help
If you were a victim of medical malpractice, our El Paso injury lawyers can determine if you have a case, answer any questions, and advise you of the best way to proceed.
Call Zinda Law Group today at 800-863-5312 for a free consultation with one of our El Paso medical malpractice lawyers. Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.
Urgent Care Center Medical Malpractice
You Have Been Hurt. Now What?
Top 3 Tips for Your Medical Malpractice Case
1. Document Everything: There are a lot of details in medical malpractice cases. It is important to keep a record of everything including dates, doctor’s names, and prescription dosages.
2. Consult an Attorney: Medical malpractice claims can get very complicated. Working with a seasoned professional will help ensure you receive all the damages you are entitled to. When medical malpractice occurs, everyone involved is potentially liable–even the hospital may be just as liable as the practitioners that committed the malpractice. Your medical malpractice lawyer will look into several kinds of damages, including:
· Monetary Damages: medical care, rehabilitation, lost wages, future lost wages, the cost of replacement services, household assistance, and in-home medical care.
· Non-Economic Damages: loss of quality of life, emotional and/or psychological suffering, loss of livelihood, pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
· Wrongful Death: loss of companionship, funeral expenses, loss of income contribution, loss of insurance benefits, loss of inheritance, and pain and suffering of the deceased prior to their death.
3. Obtain Copies of Your Medical Records: Medical records are important evidence in malpractice cases. Due to standards addressed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), you will need to sign a release to allow your attorney or any defendant attorneys to view obtain your medical records.
Call or text 800-863-5312 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form