Austin Volkswagen Recall Lawyers: Pursuing a Claim
Volkswagen’s Liability for Recall Claims
There are many different avenues available to pursue legal action. The following represent a small sample of the potential statutes under which Volkswagen and its individual dealers may be liable:
- The Clean Air Act: Sets forth a system to address emissions from vehicles.
- Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act: Federal law on express and implied warranties.
- Lanham Act: Protects consumers against false advertising claims
- Common Law:
- Fraud, including concealment, misrepresentation and inducement
- Breach of express warranty
- Breach of the implied warranty of merchantability
- The Deceptive Trade Practices Act: Protects consumers for a laundry list of actions of sellers.
What Damages are Available for My Volkswagen Recall Claim
Consumers will be able to recover a wide-variety of damages based on their individual claims, which consist of the following:
- Money damages
- Compensatory damages—damages for the harm that you have suffered
- Punitive/exemplary damages—damages intended to punish a wrongdoer
- Treble damages—damages based on intentionally and/or knowingly violating certain statutes
- Equitable damages
- Restitution—intended to put you back into the position you were prior to the purchase
What Vehicles are Covered by the Volkswagen Recall
The Volkswagen recall is one of the largest recalls in United States and world history. In the U.S. alone, the recall impacted over 400,000 car owners. Worldwide, the recall has affected over 11 million vehicles. The recall specifically covers the following year models of vehicles that have been equipped with diesel engines:
- 2009-2015 Volkswagen Jetta
- 2009-2015 Volkswagen Beetle
- 2009-2015 Volkswagen Golf
- 2014-2015 Volkswagen Passat
- 2009-2015 Audi A3
If you own one of the above-listed vehicles, you could very well be entitled to compensation for the damages caused by Volkswagen’s actions. The attorneys at Zinda Law Group are well-prepared to pursue the Volkswagen recall claims on your behalf and help you receive the positive result to which you are entitled. Contact one of our Volkswagen recall lawyers today at 512-246-2224 for a free consultation.