Wrongful death occurs more often than you’d think. Accidents of all types can be caused by someone’s negligence. For instance, a motorist may be driving to work and get hit hard on the driver’s side by a texting driver who wasn’t watching the road. The highways are full of distracted drivers these days and people just don’t pay attention anymore to their driving.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Killeen, call 800-863-5312
But wrongful death covers more than just automobile accidents. Often, workers in high risk jobs are killed. Construction work is one of the major professions where people get killed each year. OHSA reports that over 4,600 workers were killed in the construction industry alone in 2011. Their latest figures show that each day across America, 13 people go to work at various jobs and never come home. 4 million workers are injured every year, many of them critically.
In many of these cases, someone else’s negligence caused the accident. Workplace injuries can happen in a number of ways, but some of the most prevalent are:
- Roofing-Equipment gets old, worn and breaks and roofers fall off buildings.
- Heavy construction-Scaffolding can get old and collapse.
- Electrocutions-These take place in many industries each year.
- Chemical plants-Precautions may be thrown to the wind when workers get behind.
- Plants that handle toxic substances-You can quickly be overcome with hazardous fumes.