The last thing you planned for on your Texas vacation was an unexpected injury in your hotel.
But accidents happen, and hotel accidents often lead to injuries. For example, worn-out slip-resistant flooring in the shower is all it takes to cause a severe slip and fall that causes serious injury.
The hotel is liable for making sure their showers meet this basic requirement. The hotel’s negligence is often the cause of the accident. In these cases, the hotel’s insurance is responsible for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Whether you’re dealing with defensive hotel staff or their cheap insurance companies, you’re not the only guest wondering what to do if you are injured at a hotel in Texas.
What to Do If You Are Injured At a Hotel — Key Takeaways
- If you were recently injured at a hotel, prioritize your health, assess your injuries, and get immediate medical attention.
- Keep detailed records of your diagnosis and any suggested treatments.
- Report the incident to hotel management when you are physically and mentally able to do so. Be careful not to take responsibility for the accident, as liability isn’t always straightforward.
- Secure a copy of the hotel incident report.
- Collect evidence — photos, videos, witness details — to strengthen your account of what happened.
- Schedule a free consultation with a hotel accident lawyer, as the hotel owners and their insurance companies have business concerns they put before your recovery.
If injured at a hotel in Texas, you have rights and may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Therefore, we suggest you consult a proficient Texas premises liability lawyer like ours at Zinda Law Group before dealing with hotel insurance.
We’ll get more into your legal rights and how to hold negligent parties responsible in a bit. First, your health should be your priority. Let’s talk about the first thing you should do if you’re injured at a hotel in Texas.
For a free legal consultation, call 800-863-5312
What’s the First Thing To Do If You Are Injured At a Hotel in Texas?
In the aftermath of an injury at a hotel in Texas, prioritize your well-being and safety by seeking immediate medical attention. You can always contact a personal injury attorney for guidance on what to do if injured in a hotel, reporting the incident to the hotel management soon after.
Texas Premises Liability Lawyers like Zinda Law Group offer valuable resources in situations where the hotel’s negligence led to an injury, starting with a free attorney consultation.
This dual approach — addressing health concerns and legal considerations — lays the foundation for a thorough response. This foundation guards your interests and recovery against hotel and insurance lawyers looking out for their bottom line.
4 Steps To Take After a Hotel Accident
Seek medical attention:
- Prioritize your health. Get checked by a doctor.
- Document your diagnoses and treatment records.
Report the incident:
- Inform hotel management and staff of what happened.
- Ask for a copy of the incident report and gather hotel staff and witness contact info.
Contact a premises liability lawyer:
- A Texas Premises Liability Lawyer specializes in cases involving injuries or damages caused by unsafe conditions on someone else’s property.
- An attorney can help you protect your rights and pursue compensation for your damages.
- A lawyer gathers and presents evidence, negotiates with insurance companies, and represents your best interests against the hotel’s lawyers in court.
- Take photos or videos of the accident scene, your injuries, and other relevant details.
- Collect the names and contact information of witnesses or other guests who may have seen the accident or experienced similar issues.
Can I Get Compensation from a Hotel for a Personal Injury?
You can sue the hotel if the hotel was liable, meaning the hotel’s negligence caused your injury in some form. Negligence means that the hotel didn’t act reasonably, causing unsafe conditions on its property.
For example, the hotel may be liable for your accident if they knew or should have known there was a crack in the floor under a mat but didn’t put out a sign.
How To Find the Ideal Texas Premises Liability Lawyer
When searching for an effective Texas premises liability lawyer, consider the following:
- Experience: A long history of winning hotel accident cases.
- Reputation: Positive reviews and ratings.
- Communication: Responsive, knowledgeable, transparent, and attentive attorneys are the most effective.
- Fair fees: Confident and effective premises liability lawyers offer free consultations and fair, contingency-based rates.
At Zinda Law Group, we’re renowned for our specialized expertise, exceptional reputation, excellent communication, and a no-win, no-fee guarantee. We offer a free consultation and cover case costs — you only pay a percentage of your recovery once we win.
Is a Hotel Liable for All Guest Injuries that Occur?
While hotels are responsible for providing a safe environment, they aren’t automatically liable for every guest’s injury. The hotel is liable if their staff’s partial or total negligence led to the accident.
What Are the Most Common Types of Hotel Accidents?
- Slip and Fall Incidents,
- Drowning Accidents,
- Broken Furniture or Fixture Injuries,
- Elevator or Escalator Malfunctions.
If the hotel’s negligence was responsible for any of the accidents mentioned above, you may be entitled to compensation, but you must act fast. Let’s discuss the limitations on how long you have to sue if you are injured at a hotel.
How Long Do You Have to Sue the Hotel for an Injury in Texas?
If you were injured in a hotel in Texas, the state’s statute of limitations gives you two years to sue the hotel for the personal injury. If you miss the two-year deadline, you give up your right to receive compensation.
Furthermore, while you have two years to sue, the hotel’s insurance lawyers will use anything against you, including how long you took to file a suit. If you take too long, evidence can get lost, witnesses forget what they saw, and the hotel staff can change.
Therefore, it’s critical to contact a premises liability lawyer for a free consultation as soon as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Final Thoughts on What To Do If Injured in a Hotel
Navigating the aftermath of a hotel injury can be overwhelming, turning your vacation into a source of stress. Prioritize your well-being by seeking immediate medical attention. Make sure you save all your medical records.
But taking swift action to protect your interests can be hard on your own, especially while you’re experiencing the pain of your injuries. The aggravation of dealing with defensive hotel staff, insurance companies, and the complex legal system increases the physical, mental, and financial strain.
Insurance companies will resort to victim blaming if it saves them money, and hotels are concerned with protecting their business reputation. This can make it difficult to prove that the hotel’s negligence was responsible for your injury.
Consult a Texas premises liability lawyer to exercise your rights, learn about your potential compensation, and hold the hotel accountable for their negligence.
We have a proven track record of winning hotel accident cases at Zinda Law Group. Our team has experience negotiating with greedy insurance agents, a stellar reputation supported by positive reviews, and a no-win, no-fee guarantee.
Let Zinda Law Group’s experienced Texas premises liability lawyers navigate the complicated legal process of your hotel injury case while you focus on recovery. Our contingency-based fees mean you only pay a percentage once we win.