No one plans for a car accident, but they’re unfortunately common, especially in high-traffic cities such as Austin. The consequences of a car accident can be severe, but in some situations, compensation may be available—which is why having competent and experienced legal representation is important. If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident in Austin, contact Zinda Law Group at 888-988-7063 today for a free case consultation.
What you do in the aftermath of a car accident could effect any claim you may file, so it’s important to choose your lawyer carefully. Having good quality legal representation could be the difference that allows you to recover the compensation you deserve.
At Zinda Law Group, our car accident attorneys have recovered compensation for numerous car accident victims and can help you seek justice in your case. No one is “just another client” at Zinda Law Group—our attorneys seek to settle every case as quickly and efficiently as possible, and unless you win, you will pay nothing.
Free Consults 24/7Send Request Now
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Austin?
The most important thing after a car accident is safety. If you or another occupant of your car is injured, call 911 immediately and follow the instructions of the emergency operator. Exit your car and make sure you are in a safe location and away from any ongoing traffic.
Call The Police
Even if no one is injured, you should still call the police to the scene of the accident. A police report is a valuable tool in determining the circumstances of an accident after the fact.
Exchange insurance information with the other individual that was involved in the accident. In addition, you should document the scene around you, such as with pictures of both cars and any damage sustained, as well as the conditions of the road or anything else relevant to the accident.
Stay Calm and Alert
Emotions may be running high after a car accident. However, do not lose your temper or speak in anger with the other party involved—that won’t help the situation and may escalate things. Do not admit blame in the accident or discuss the circumstances at length, because anything you say could be used later to place you at fault—and make sure not to sign anything given to you except a police report.
You should go to the doctor soon after your accident, even if you weren’t obviously injured on the scene; some injuries may only present themselves in the days after an accident but could be very serious, such as concussions. In addition, the sooner you receive a diagnosis after an accident, the clearer it will be that your car accident was the cause of the injury. If you do not receive a diagnosis for a long time after your accident, the opposing party will be able to argue that another incident in the intervening time between the accident and your diagnosis was the actual cause of your injury, and not the car accident you are seeking compensation for.
With any doctor’s visits, medical bills, or repair bills that you accumulate, make sure you keep thorough documentation of these costs. This is important when pursuing a claim in order to give an accurate assessment of damages.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Austin, call 800-863-5312
Speak to an Austin Car Accident Attorney
It is important to speak to a lawyer as soon as possible after being in a car accident. Timeliness is important in engaging legal representation after an accident—investigation of the accident may be needed in order to best present the case, which will be more beneficial the sooner it begins after the accident. In addition, all states have statutes of limitations which limit how long you may file a complaint after an accident, and some are as short as one year—don’t let your recovery be limited by this technicality and talk to a lawyer as soon as possible.
Back and Leg Injuries
Motor Vehicle Collision
Motor Vehicle Collision
Motor Vehicle Collision
Austin Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-863-5312
Why Choose Zinda Law Group?
The consequences of your personal injury case could have a huge impact on your life, and that’s why Zinda Law Group gives each case individual personal attention by not taking on too many clients at once. In addition, Zinda Law Group’s contingency fee structure means that you will pay nothing unless you receive a favorable outcome in your case—so you have further assurance that your interests and those of your attorney are perfectly aligned, unlike hourly-fee law firms, who get paid whether you win or lose. Our experienced and hardworking personal injury attorneys have achieved compensation for numerous accident victims.
Car Accident Cases We Handle in Austin
Depending on the type of car accident, the injuries, at-fault party, and remedies can vary. While some car accidents cannot be avoided even while driving carefully, others are extremely preventable and are caused by someone neglecting safe driving practices, such as driving while intoxicated or distracted. Some common types of car accidents are:
• Rear End Collisions: This accident occurs when a car crashes into the back of the car in front of it. These accidents can occur due to speeding, brake checking, or loss of control of the car through hydroplaning or brake malfunctions, among other causes.
• Side-Swipe Accidents: This accident occurs when two automobiles traveling in the same direction collide, scraping their sides against each other. This is typically due to one automobile not staying in the proper lane, drifting or inattentively trying to merge. They can also occur in parking lots.
• Head-On Collisions: This very serious type of accident occurs when two cars moving in opposite directions collide with each other directly. These accidents can cause severe damage and injury to the occupants of both vehicles, and is often caused by one motorist going the wrong way down a road.
• Rollovers: Rollovers occur when a vehicle rolls onto its side or its roof. A “tripped” rollover is caused by an external object, such as a curb or colliding with another vehicle, while an “untripped” rollover involves no additional objects and usually occurs as a result of sharp steering causing the vehicle to tip over. These accidents are very serious and can cause significant injury.
• T-Bone Crash: These accidents are caused when the front of one car crashes into the side of another car, which creates a shape like a T. These crashes can be especially severe because there is no front or back bumper to cushion the impact when a car collides into the side of your vehicle.
• Multi-Vehicle Pileup: These accidents occur when more than two cars are involved in an accident that causes a chain of rear-endings. These accidents are extremely serious and deadly because a car can be impacted multiple times by multiple cars, making exiting from the car difficult; being outside the car can also be deadly because of the other cars involved in the pileup. Some pileups have involved over a hundred vehicles.
Click to contact our Texas Car Accident Lawyers today
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Austin?
When pursuing a personal injury claim for a car accident, it is necessary to argue why the defendant party is at fault for the crash and thus the injuries of the victim. Generally, the claim in a car accident is negligence, which means that the at-fault driver did not use proper care when driving. But negligent driving can take many forms, from driving under the influence to failing to pay attention to the road. Some of the most common causes of car accidents are:
• Driving While Intoxicated
• Distracted Driving
• Inclement Weather
• Ignoring Road Signs and Traffic Signals
Unfortunately, it’s impossible to prevent all car accidents, but it’s important to educate yourself before you are involved in a crash so that even in that stressful situation, you know your rights and what you should do to preserve your claim. Get prepared by downloading Zinda Law Group’s 100% free Car Accident Guide.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Injuries Are Common in Car Accidents?
Car accidents can cause many injuries. Some of these can be apparent immediately, while some can become apparent only after time has passed. Receiving medical attention after a car accident is extremely important to avoid the long-lasting consequences that can result from even a minor injury. Common injuries caused by car accidents include:
• Broken bones
• Bruises and Contusions
• Sprained Muscles
• Scrapes and Cuts
Understanding Compensation in Austin Car Accident Cases
In a personal injury claim, damages are categorized as “economic” and “non-economic.” Economic damages are monetary costs incurred by the victim of the accident due to the accident, while non-economic damages are harms to the victim that are not tied to a specific amount of money.
• Car Repairs
• Medical Bills
• Lost Wages (from being unable to work due to injury)
• Damage to Property
• Loss of Future Earnings (if an injury prevents an individual from working in the future)
• Pain and Suffering
• Loss of Enjoyment of Life
• Loss of Society or Companionship (the damage that occurs when an individual loses a loved one)
• Damage to Reputation
Both economic and non-economic damages are recoverable, but non-economic damages are more difficult to calculate because something like emotional suffering does not have a set equivalent dollar amount. At Zinda Law Group, our attorneys will work harder than other law firms to pursue the maximum possible compensation for you.
Modified Comparative Negligence in Austin, Texas
In a negligence case, the plaintiff must demonstrate that his injuries are the result of the defendant’s actions; in a car accident claim, the plaintiff must argue that the defendant caused the car accident by not acting with the appropriate amount of care. However, it is possible the court will not find that an accident is completely the fault of one party—for example, if one party was speeding, but the other party was driving distracted.
In some states, damages are awarded proportionally based on fault—if an individual is determined to be 30% responsible, he owes 30% of the damages. But Texas is a comparative negligence state, which means that if the court finds that a plaintiff was more than 50% responsible for an accident, he cannot recover anything from the defendant, even if the defendant was 49% responsible.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Austin?
The statute of limitations for a car accident claim in Austin is two years.
How Long Does It Take To Get a Settlement From a Car Accident in Austin?
Texas law requires that an insurance company pay a settlement claim within five business days once an agreement has been reached. The money will go to your lawyer so that any outstanding payments (such as medical liens) can be satisfied before you receive it.
Let Zinda Law Group Fight Your Case
Being injured in a car accident can bring emotional, physical, and financial distress. You should be able to focus on recovery without worrying about the status of your personal injury claim. At Zinda Law Group, our lawyers will use their expertise to pursue your interests to the fullest extent possible, and you will pay nothing unless you win your case. Contact Zinda Law Group today at 888-988-7063 for a free case consultation and start pursuing the compensation that you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Austin Traffic Accident Lawyers
- How to negotiate a Car Accident Injury Claim with German Insurance?
- Autonomous Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Austin
- Common Delayed Symptoms after a Car Accident
- The Most Dangerous Roads in Austin
- What if I am hit by a High Driver?
- Injured in Car Accident on I-35 in Austin
- Criminal Negligence Car Accident Lawyers in Austin
- Black Ice Car Accident Lawyers in Austin
- Hit and Run Car Accident Lawyers in Austin
- Pileup Car Accident Lawyers in Austin
- Children Car Accident Injury Lawyers in Austin
- Multi Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Austin
- Negotiating a Car Accident Claim in Austin TX
- Austin Traffic Citation Questions
- Motor Vehicle Fire Injury Lawyers in Austin
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), & NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021)
AWARDED TO JACK ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
Call or text 800-863-5312 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form