Denver Car Accident Lawyers
Call (800) 863-5312 to Speak with a Denver Car Accident Lawyer for Free
A car accident can be a traumatic event that leaves you with severe physical, emotional, and financial burdens. Fortunately, the Denver car accident lawyers at Zinda Law Group are here to ensure you won't have to face this difficult time alone.
As a car accident victim, you shouldn't be stuck paying the price for another driver’s negligence. Our experienced attorneys will fight tirelessly to protect your rights and help you pursue the maximum compensation you deserve. And as one of our clients, you will pay nothing unless we win your case.
You May Be Entitled to Compensation
The amount of compensation that you may claim will depend on many factors, such as the severity of your injuries, long term effects of those injuries and the details of the accident itself. An attorney will be able to help you in determining how much your case is worth.
The average car accident settlement may include compensation for both economic and non-economic losses incurred. These losses are referred to as ‘damages.'
Economic damages include:
- Cost of vehicle damage
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Other expenses that arise from the accident
Non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Who is at Fault?
There are many different causes of a vehicle-related accident. If you have been in a car wreck in Denver, it is important to reach out to a local attorney to determine your options. Seeking compensation often hinges on whether your accident was caused by circumstances beyond human control, by another's negligence, or by fault of your own. In many cases, the party at fault will either be the driver or manufacturer of a car. In the case of a drunk driving accident, the bar or restaurant that served the alcohol may be held liable, too.
Compensation can be sought from another driver, where they caused the accident. For example, where a negligent driver was:
- Ran through a stop sign
- Ran a red light
- Failed to keep an appropriate distance from your car
- Hit your car or run your car off the road while merging/changing lanes
- Caused an accident and fled the scene (Hit and Run)
In cases where a faulty car part malfunctioned and caused an accident, a claim for compensation may be brought against the manufacturer of that part. This can happen in sudden unexpected acceleration incidents, where a car suddenly accelerated without driver inference.
What to Do After a Crash
There are a few steps you can take after a crash with a car, bus, truck, or other vehicle to ensure your safety in addition to making sure you take the proper steps to strengthen your claim for compensation.
1. Medical attention
If you have sustained any injuries whatsoever seek medical attention immediately, regardless of whether or not you have medical insurance. Not only is this beneficial for your health but it will also provide a medical record of your injuries, which you will need when making a claim. This is especially important for those involved in an accident while pregnant.
2. Call the police
After an accident, call the police if you are able so that they can file an official report. The police report will be useful in proving that the accident was not your fault in a personal injury claim.
3. Document the incident
It is important to have a record of the accident. Some details that are worth documenting and may be useful when you seek compensation are:
- Photographs of the scene of the accident, damage to the vehicle and your injuries
- Contact details of any witnesses to the accident
- Contact and insurance details of the other driver
- It is advisable not to give a recorded statement to an insurance company without speaking with your attorney first.
- Medical records
- Pay stubs showing what you did regularly earn before the accident. This will help determine how much earnings you lost because of the accident.
- Receipts for any expenses, medical, repairs to your vehicle, or otherwise, that arise from the accident
How to File a Claim
1. Contact an Attorney
Motor vehicle accidents can be devastating, but having an experienced attorney on your side can help you focus on your recovery while they navigate the legal world for you to seek the compensation you deserve. Zinda Law Group offers 100% free consultations with attorneys, meaning that you can understand your position better without having to worry about legal fees.
Your attorney will then move forward and investigate your case and the accident and will determine who is at fault. In doing so, they will build the most robust case possible for you.
3. Case Settlement
As soon as the case is built, your attorney will then seek to settle your case with the other side and fight for the maximum compensation possible for you.
The majority of cases are settled before having to go to court. If an agreement is reached at this point, your attorney will walk you through the steps of receiving your settlement check. However, if an agreement is not met, then your case will move to trial. Your attorney will be with you each step of the way, ensuring that they take on the legal world while you focus on your recovery.
Legal Time Limits
Many people victims don’t realize that time is one of the most important factors to be aware of when seeking compensation. Auto accident claims are limited to a three-year time limit under Colorado Law. This time limit is referred to as the Statute of Limitations. After three years, you may not have the opportunity to file a lawsuit against the person at fault.
Speak with an attorney for more information on legal time limits in Denver and to understand more about your current legal position.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA, JOE CAPUTO, BURGESS WILLIAMS, NEIL SOLOMON, & JASON ALDRIDGE
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
According to the Colorado Department of Transportation, there were over 22,000 car crashes in Denver in 2017. Over 4,000 of those accidents resulted in injury. The Denver Post reports that the city of Denver has a higher number of roadway fatalities than major cities such as Los Angeles.
Car accidents are a serious and prevalent issue in the Denver area.
Common claims for compensation have included:
- Accidents caused by distracted driving: Texting, reaching for objects inside your car, eating, reading, applying make-up, for example.
- Not following the rules of the road: Speeding, improper turns, improper lane changing, failing to stop at red lights and stop signs, and wrong way driving. Additionally, failing to yield the right of way is a common cause of parking lot accidents.
- Driving while under the influence: Driving while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol significantly impairs an individual’s ability to focus on the road.
- Mechanical issues: Cars can suffer mechanical problems that are beyond our control such as system failure due to faulty parts. When these parts malfunction an accident can occur.
- Merging accidents: Drivers who do not look out for other drivers when joining or crossing lanes, may force other drivers off the road or collide with them.
The nature and severity of the injuries you suffer are likely to determine the amount of compensation a court will award to you. Some common car accident injuries suffered after a wreck include:
- Back injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injury
- Other physical impairments
You could also be awarded compensation to pay for medical bills, rehabilitation, loss of wages, vehicle damage, or pain and suffering. An injury lawyer at Zinda Law Group can help determine what damages you are entitled to and pursue them aggressively on your behalf.
You may have to negotiate with an insurance company and their attorneys for settlement of your claim. Insurance companies profit by denying or minimizing claims and will try to reduce the amount of compensation you receive, especially if the accident involved someone without car insurance. An experienced attorney can help you negotiate with the insurance companies or individuals and ensure the best outcome for your case.
Colorado Car Accident Laws
Under Colorado law, if you are at fault in a car accident, you cannot receive 100% compensation for your damages. However, while you can’t receive full compensation, you may still be entitled to part of the settlement.
Colorado follows a rule known as the Modified Comparative Fault rule. This rule allows a court to determine your percentage of culpability in your claim and then reduce the total amount of recoverable damages by that same percentage. You then receive whatever is left. However, if you are found to be more than 50% at fault for the accident, then you may be barred from receiving any compensation at all.
Beyond controlling the number of damages recoverable if you are partly at fault, Colorado law also places a cap on the amount of non-economic damages that can be recovered. As mentioned above, non-economic damages are damages for pain and suffering and your reduced quality of life. Colorado caps the compensation for non-economic damages at $250,000.
In the tragic event that someone has died as the result of a collision, any compensation recoverable in a wrongful death claim is capped at the same amount.
Talk to Zinda Law Group
If you have been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may be eligible for financial compensation. By speaking with one of our experienced local lawyers in Denver, you can begin to seek the retribution you deserve for your injuries.
Our auto accident attorneys have helped thousands of clients get their lives back on track after an accident. A nationally recognized law firm, we have been featured by Forbes, The Huffington Post, Super Lawyers, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Club, Three Best Rated®, and other prestigious publications and organizations.
To learn more about how our firm can help you, call Zinda Law Group today at (800) 863-5312 to receive your free consultation with one of our car accident attorneys in Denver.
Denver Injury Advice: 7 Steps to Successfully Pursue a Car Accident Claim
1. Make sure that everyone involved in the accident is alright: The most important thing following an injury-producing wreck is doing everything possible to make sure all parties are safe. Secondly, if you are hurt, make sure you seek medical treatment immediately. By waiting to seek medical treatment, you risk delaying your healing process. Further, you provide the insurance company with an argument that your injuries were not caused by the wreck.
2. Take photographs: If possible after the wreck, get out of your vehicle and take photographs of the damages and scene. They could be very important in pursuing your claim. If you are able to take photographs of obvious injuries, continue to do so regularly. Also, do not forget to save or back up your photographs.
3. Don’t be a hero: Many people involved in a wreck sustain injuries. All too often, those injured people try to fight through the pain that almost never goes away on its own. If you are hurt, go to the doctor. And do so early to ensure you can get the medical treatment you need to get back the way you were prior to the wreck.
4. Do not attempt to resolve your claim too early: When you resolve your injury claim, the insurance company makes you sign a release prohibiting you from asking for more money for the same claim in the future. Insurance companies know this. They may attempt to reach out to injured parties quickly in order to resolve the claim before the claimant has an opportunity to understand their legal rights.
5. Do not give a statement to the opposing party’s insurance company: After almost every car crash, the opposing party’s insurance company will try to contact you for a recorded statement over the phone. You are not legally obligated to give this to them. These statements can be used against you later, so it is wise to consult with a Denver personal injury attorney beforehand to determine if a recorded statement is in your best interest.
6. Do everything you can to get better: Clients often ask our car accident attorneys what they can do to help us pursue their claim. We tell them to do whatever they can to get better. Most of the time, that is going to be doing exactly what your doctor tells you to do regarding follow-ups, appointments, and limitations.
7. Contact a car accident attorney: This will allow you to analyze whether you need an auto accident lawyer for your claim, will allow you to understand what your legal rights are, and provides an opportunity for you to get your questions answered.