Slip and fall attorneys - Denver
CALL (800) 863-5312 TO SPEAK WITH SLIP AND FALL ATTORNEYS IN DENVER FOR FREE
Slip and fall accidents are often sudden and painful, as there may be no warning before you suddenly lose your balance and slam into the ground. Injuries from these accidents may leave you burdened with financial costs, unable to work, and in need of help.
If you or a loved one slipped and fell in Denver, you should contact an experienced premises liability lawyer from Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 today for a free consultation. Your attorney may help you pursue the maximum compensation you may be entitled to for your slip and fall case. If we are not able to win your case, you will not owe us anything.
WHAT IS A SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT?
When people think of a slip and fall accident, they may typically picture someone slipping on a wet floor or on a banana peel in a grocery store. However, these accidents can happen in a variety of places and result from a wide range of potential causes and hazards. People frequently suffer serious injuries after slip and fall accidents on a wet or slick floor, but also from icy parking lots, uneven or cracked sidewalks, broken stairs, and other hazardous conditions.
Depending on the nature of the fall, the person’s age and vulnerabilities, and other factors, these accidents may cause serious and potentially life-altering injuries. If you have been injured after a fall, an attorney may be able to help you pursue a personal injury claim from those responsible for the hazardous condition that caused your fall.
COMMON INJURIES SUFFERED IN SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS
Slip and fall accidents can result in injuries that range in severity. The nature of your injuries can affect the amount of compensation you may be entitled to after your accident. If you slipped and fell in Denver or in the Denver area, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible after your accident to determine the full extent of your injuries and to receive any necessary treatment.
You should then hire an experienced Denver slip and fall attorney to help you pursue compensation for your injuries while allowing you to focus on your physical recovery. Gather any documentation of your medical bills, diagnosis, and treatment to provide to your attorney.
This documentation may be crucial in seeking the maximum compensation for your injuries, as the other party or their insurance company may dispute the extent of your injuries as well as their impact on your life. Some common injuries that may result from a slip and fall accident include:
- Bone fractures
- Shoulder injuries, including dislocated shoulders
- Knee injuries
- Nerve damage
- Neck and spinal injuries
- Cranial injuries including traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Damage to soft tissue such as muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Ankle sprains
- Wrist sprains
COMMON CAUSES OF SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS
Slip and fall accidents in Denver can occur in practically any location on any type of surface. Although slip and falls typically occur in public places such as stores or other businesses, they can occur in homes as well as on sidewalks or other areas. Other conditions such as the weather, temperature, and location—whether the individual is indoors or outdoors—can pose different risks of a slip and fall accident occurring.
Some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Poor lighting
- Inclement weather conditions including rain, sleet, or snow
- Broken or damaged ladders or stairs
- Poor maintenance of an area
- Poorly maintained or damaged flooring, sidewalks, crosswalks, or other walking areas
- Unmarked hazards such as wet or damaged surfaces
- Hazardous conditions such as uneven surfaces, slippery surfaces, spills on the floor, and poorly maintained or damaged floorboards
- Damaged rugs or carpet flooring
- Floors that are wet from mopping or waxing
- Floors that are slippery from grease or oil
If you or someone you know were injured after a fall, an attorney from Zinda Law Group may be able to help you understand your legal rights and help you pursue any compensation you may be entitled to after your accident. Your Denver slip and fall attorney may also help you understand who may be liable or responsible for the potential causes for your accident.
For instance, the owner or manager of the property or facility where your accident occurred may be held responsible for your injuries as a result of their failure to ensure a safe environment. If the party responsible for ensuring the safety of an area fails to do so, he or she may be held liable for any injuries that occur as a result of any hazardous conditions caused by their failure to fix or prevent hazards or warn others to avoid the hazard.
HOW DO YOU PROVE FAULT IN A SLIP AND FALL CASE?
To prove fault in a slip and fall case, the first step is to hire an experienced personal injury attorney to handle your case, as proving liability may be difficult and complex in many slip and fall cases. Your lawyer may thoroughly investigate your accident, speak to witnesses, view any photo or video evidence, and gather any available evidence to support your claim by proving the other party’s liability for causing your accident.
To prove the other party is at fault for your accident, your lawyer may need to various elements to establish the at-fault party’s liability for your injuries and damages. They may find that one or more of the following are true, for example:
- The property owner or other individual owed a duty of care to others, such as preventing hazardous conditions that could cause someone to slip and fall, or a duty of care owed by commercial property owners to inspect the property’s premises to search for any hazardous or unsafe conditions and fix or correct them in a reasonable amount of time.
- The at-fault party breached this duty of care by failing to prevent the condition from occurring, failing to fix or correct the hazard, or by failing to warn others of the hazard so that danger could be avoided.
- This hazardous condition caused your slip and fall and actually caused the injuries you are pursuing compensation for.
- You actually suffered injuries or other damages in your slip and fall, although this condition may generally be considered satisfied if you are pursuing a wrongful death claim after a loved one died from a slip and fall accident.
Meanwhile, your Denver slip and fall attorney may also or otherwise prove other specific claims to support your injury claim, such as:
- The property owner, manager, or other party owed a duty of care to ensure safe conditions on the property. For example, you were an invited social guest, a customer for a valid business purpose, or an employee.
- The party knew of the hazardous condition but failed to provide adequate warning of the hazard to prevent you from falling.
- The owner or other party caused the unsafe condition or was otherwise responsible for causing the condition, and this hazardous condition caused you to slip and fall and suffer injuries.
- The owner, manager, or other responsible party either knew or reasonably should have known that the hazardous condition existed, yet they failed to repair the condition or warn others of its existence.
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER A SLIP AND FALL?
If you slipped and fell in the region of Denver, you should take the following steps:
1. Report Your Fall
If you have fallen, you should report the accident immediately, often to a manager or other person having authority at that location. If possible, file an official accident report, and be sure to ask for a copy of this report for your own records as well.
2. Document Any Available Evidence
If possible, you should try to document any evidence you can of the scene of the evidence. Take pictures and video of the unsafe condition and write down your account of how the slip and fall occurred. You should also obtain contact information from any witnesses who may have seen you slip and fall as well as from any who may have witnessed the unsafe condition, how it was caused, or how long the condition had existed prior to your incident.
3. Seek Immediate Medical Attention
After a slip and fall accident, seek medical attention as soon as possible. First, many injuries may require immediate medical attention as they may worsen without treatment. For example, the force of a fall may cause damage to your ribs or another internal injury that could cause internal bleeding. Other injuries may require immediate treatment to prevent even more serious harm.
Further, if you fail to seek medical attention without delay after your accident, the property owner or their insurance company may use this fact as an excuse to deny your claim for any compensation. They might dispute the extent of any injuries you may have suffered, or they may dispute that your injuries were not a result of the accident.
4. Contact an Experienced Slip and Fall Attorney
You should also consider contacting the experienced Denver slip and fall attorneys from Zinda Law Group as soon as possible after your accident. By quickly hiring a lawyer who has helped many people after they have fallen, you are entrusting your case to an attorney who knows how—and that it is best—to begin investigating your accident promptly, allowing them to gather helpful evidence while it is still available.
5. File a Claim with the Appropriate Insurance Company
Your attorney may help you file an accident claim with the responsible party’s insurance company. This premises liability claim may include any evidence your attorney gathered regarding how the condition occurred, its nature, the amount of time it existed, the failure to warn of its existence, and other factors proving the liability of the other party for your injuries. Your claim may also include documentation supporting the extent of your injuries suffered in the slip and fall.
6. Negotiate with the Insurer
By hiring a skilled slip and fall lawyer, you may be able to help level the playing field with the insurance company and its team of lawyers whose only goal is to make sure the insurer pays as little as possible to settle any claims. Your attorney may negotiate with the insurer on your behalf to help you pursue the maximum compensation you may be entitled to. However, if the insurance company refuses to agree to a reasonable settlement offer, your attorney may also have to take your case to trial to prove the other party’s fault for your slip and fall accident and their liability.
CONSULT THE SLIP AND FALL LAWYERS AT ZINDA LAW GROUP TODAY
At Zinda Law Group, our skilled team of slip and fall attorneys may be able to help you know your legal rights after a slip and fall accident in Denver. Your attorney may help you seek any compensation you may be entitled to after your accident, while allowing you to focus on recovering physically from your injuries. You should contact the experienced attorneys from Zinda Law Group as soon as possible to help you pursue the maximum compensation you may be entitled to after your slip and fall. Our attorneys have years of experience in helping slip and fall victims pursue claims against property owners and other responsible parties for failing to ensure the properties were safe and free of hazardous conditions.
Meetings with attorneys are available by appointment only.